1100 turbo

weiner

Reaction score
i have a 2012 1100 turbo has any one cut out the other intake vent yet i did and it seemed better but the more i ride it im getting some popping all most like the rev limiter but it's starting at the high 6700 or could i be spiking i have 91 grams in i now

Sprint5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some snow might have made its way into the engine, which could have effected the head gasket. So when you get up to 6700rpm the pressure is pushing air passed the gasket making it seem like it's hitting the rev limiter, because you are losing compression. That's the only thing I could think of. Does it bog out when you get to 6700?

Got boost want snow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why would a small amount of snow cause it to pop? Thinking you removed a restriction in turn allowing more air to flow creating a lean condition. Similar to gutting the air box. Grasping at straws here but I know for a fact my turbo eats a fair amount of powder and only ever pops when it is lean.

markoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The plug in the intake is there to keep the sound down a bit. take it out.It will be a bit louder especially when you let off you can hear the turbo bleed off. I dont think you will notice any difference on performance unless your other intake gets plugged with snow. If it's popping you probably are hitting the rev limiter. there is no way your engine sucked in snow. the stock air filter will stop it from getting in. switch your gauges to the needle instead of digital. I think it will read spikes more accurately.

weiner

Reaction score
it ended up being the belt shims got the belt nice and tight and no more popping must of bin spiking

Top Bottom