11,12,13 engines

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Couple of questions to you guys who have installed a few MNTK kits.

1 How do you center the jug and plate when you reassemble? Dowels are quite loose.
2 What has been the average piston clearance on a non re-nicked jug?
3 Have you taken one apart after some miles and seen better ring and piston condition?

not sure of the clearances and have not taken either one apart yet. but the dowels i received had to be tapped in place and the spacer was snug.
what year is your 800?

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry no cylinder block. The 800 is a mono block and unless you grenade it you don't need a new cylinder block.

your right sometimes you get lucky and can get away with just honing.i was quoted by mots machining 625 for rebuilt jugs. at the time snowX were selling theirs for 950 plus shipping complete with jugs. these snowX fix kits are the first 2 ive used and so i have no idea how they are compared to any other kit.

R

Ryan Verrecchia

I did the fix it kit from bmp and there was a diference noticed everywhere.

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im not trying to be a smart ass with this question I am legitimately curious why polaris doesn't have a tsb for this fix kit....or am I missing something?

turbo man 21

Reaction score
technical service bulletion lol Polaris says there is nothing wrong with the cylinders or the pistons clearances lol I have had over a 100 of these motors apart funny part is that a new cylinder and a re done cylinder is 2 thow difference tighter then a new one the really way to fix this is a new longer rod kit and the mtntk fix kit this is coming from a Polaris gold tech

rmscustom

Reaction score
technical service bulletion lol Polaris says there is nothing wrong with the cylinders or the pistons clearances lol I have had over a 100 of these motors apart funny part is that a new cylinder and a re done cylinder is 2 thow difference tighter then a new one the really way to fix this is a new longer rod kit and the mtntk fix kit this is coming from a Polaris gold tech

What is the stock cylinder suppose to measure?

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Couple of questions to you guys who have installed a few MNTK kits.

1 How do you center the jug and plate when you reassemble? Dowels are quite loose.
2 What has been the average piston clearance on a non re-nicked jug?
3 Have you taken one apart after some miles and seen better ring and piston condition?
Sounds like everyone is just throwing them together and not checking anything during assembly. Good luck finding your info.

Polaris26

Reaction score
Took the crank bearing outta my 13 2 weekends ago with only 600 miles on it, while it was in the shop I had them put in the fix kit just to be safe. Pretty sad when you pay $13,000 for a sled and have to turn around and put another $700 into the motor because polaris cant get their chit together. How come all these after market companies can figure it out but Polais cant?

geo

Reaction score
I did a MNKT kit this season. Runs real good but I did some other things at the same time.
My stocker ran well too and I got to measure 1700miles of wear. I doubt I will get to the same point this year so I was hoping for some wear measurements from before and after with this kit (been out for awhile).

1; The dowels with the kit are the same OD as stock. .216" (tap in fit to case). My barrels are .226" ID stock. My spacer plate was .232" ID.
I thought that was pretty loose so I made some slightly longer dowels that fit the three different levels correctly. I did this so I knew on final assembly it would be in the same spot as when I had it bolted together for grinding.
Is this normal?

2; My stockers measured 6.5 and 7 thou. clearance after 1700 miles and the Wiesco's were 5.5 and 6 new. Not much difference. RMS my bores were 3.3489" and 3.3485" with less than a thou taper. Are these normal #'s?
Had a lot of ring and land wear. I think I fixed this while I as doing the grinding though.

3; Anyone know how much to expect for wear on the Wiesco's after some miles?

Still trying to figure out the "myths and facts" thing.

How come it is so slow to type on this site?

rmscustom

Reaction score
Same problems with the typing here sometimes.

My cylinders were 3.3465'' at the top 3.3468 below the exhaust port, exactly what Rkt said they should be before I measured. Did I get lucky? Is that what they're suppose to measure?
Stock pistons were close to 8 thou. clearance in 1350 miles with oiler turned up to 35:1 and no pre mix. This year pre mixing about an oz a gallon and more fuel with a controller. Was hoping to get about the same amount of miles this year and check again but don't think its gonna happen. Stupid work.

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Soooo, if your sled blows up under warranty do they not honor it? Or do they rebuild it to stock spec?

Reaction score
Excuse me but is anyone riding these sleds without them failing. There certainly must be thousands of 800's out there. Are they all flying apart? Is this like the famous 900 where the dealers go deaf and throw up the closed sign when someone drives up?
I did a MNKT kit this season. Runs real good but I did some other things at the same time.
My stocker ran well too and I got to measure 1700miles of wear. I doubt I will get to the same point this year so I was hoping for some wear measurements from before and after with this kit (been out for awhile).

1; The dowels with the kit are the same OD as stock. .216" (tap in fit to case). My barrels are .226" ID stock. My spacer plate was .232" ID.
I thought that was pretty loose so I made some slightly longer dowels that fit the three different levels correctly. I did this so I knew on final assembly it would be in the same spot as when I had it bolted together for grinding.
Is this normal?

2; My stockers measured 6.5 and 7 thou. clearance after 1700 miles and the Wiesco's were 5.5 and 6 new. Not much difference. RMS my bores were 3.3489" and 3.3485" with less than a thou taper. Are these normal #'s?
Had a lot of ring and land wear. I think I fixed this while I as doing the grinding though.

3; Anyone know how much to expect for wear on the Wiesco's after some miles?

Still trying to figure out the "myths and facts" thing.

How come it is so slow to type on this site?

cs5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe the key to getting them to stay together is proper warm up but who knows. I never touch the throttle until I am at 125 and I have never had a problem.

snowrider87

Reaction score
I believe the key to getting them to stay together is proper warm up but who knows. I never touch the throttle until I am at 125 and I have never had a problem.

Yes I started this thread but it was because of curiosity I let my sled warm up to 110 min before I move it and I haven't had problems yet. Lots of guys are just telling me that there bad so I started this to see what everyone else is experiencing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

prairie-rider800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Let it warm up and mix some extra oil to your fuel and you shouldn't have any issues. I think there are a lot of guys getting good miles out of these motors, but unfortunately bad news travels faster than good news. So you happen to hear about the mishaps more often. My sled is over 1000mi now and I've had no issues whatsoever. It always gets warmed up to at least 100 f (except maybe idling it out of the trailer) and it gets a little extra oil in the fuel. I hope to get many more miles out of it because so far I'm loving it!

Reaction score
I stopped into the Red Deer dealership today and they have had no 14's blown up . They concurred that the proper warm-up is important . Having said that I am selling my 2014 163 estart with only 86k on it. 11,000. pm or Brian @ 403 350 0202.

Big_Guy

Reaction score
Excuse me but is anyone riding these sleds without them failing. There certainly must be thousands of 800's out there. Are they all flying apart? Is this like the famous 900 where the dealers go deaf and throw up the closed sign when someone drives up?

Dads 11 assault he sold with 4500 miles not one problem. The guy that owns it now has 5800 miles on it now still never had the head off

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom