11,12,13 engines

snowrider87

Reaction score
Hey guys I have been told by a few people now that the 11,12,13 engines have poor pistons and poor heads. If anybody could shine some light on the situation that would be great. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TDR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pistons definitely suck like Dragons just not quite as bad. I have done 6 fix kits this year and I can tell you that pistons out of 12 and 13's were scuffed on both intake and exhaust sides. I will be putting fix kits in both my 14's next year. Never heard or noticed about head problems.

turbo man 21

Reaction score
The mtntk fix kits are the way too g o 11 12 for sure 13 not as bad the 14s there has been a bit of a change but if you are looking for durability this fix kit will help you will gain about 7 hp by doing this as well

snowrider87

Reaction score
TDR and turbo man

Thank you guys I will more than likely be going to get a fix kit for my 13 and putting it in over the summer now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The mtntk kit is so far the best kit I've used. We have lots of stock 11/12 13/14 and 08/10.

BrosBeforeHos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The mtntk kit is so far the best kit I've used. We have lots of stock 11/12 13/14 and 08/10.

Chris, can you pm me a price? I want to do the fix kit before mine blows up. I don't want the same think to happen to my 13 Pro as my 09 Assault. I might be in the city Monday and could come that way. Thanks.

TDR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fix kits composed of a spacer plate that goes beneath the cylinder, pistons, rings etc. Same principle no matter the year just slightly different pieces. When you get the kit you need an extra base gasket and I have been replacing the upper o-rings. Cylinders need to be lightly honed and rings gapped. Simple to do and your engine will perform better plus no concern about wrecking it.

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fix kits composed of a spacer plate that goes beneath the cylinder, pistons, rings etc. Same principle no matter the year just slightly different pieces. When you get the kit you need an extra base gasket and I have been replacing the upper o-rings. Cylinders need to be lightly honed and rings gapped. Simple to do and your engine will perform better plus no concern about wrecking it.

depends on the kit. some dont use the spacer they correct it using the placement of the wrist pin.
i personally used the snowX parts fix kit with the spacer. Snow X | High Performance Parts

have a look on ebay the kit comes with the jugs included for 1025 to your door.

TDR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never heard of that one. Have to check it out. MTNTK kit is $650.

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes with the pistons

from mntk's website no mention of jugs(cylinders)
KIT CONTENTS
· 2- CUSTOM WISECO PISTONS W/RINGS, PINS, AND CIRCLIPS
· 1- STEEL ZINC PLATED CYLINDER SHIM
· 8- LONGER CYLINDER BOLTS
· 2- LONGER DOWEL PINS
· 1- BASE GASKET

TDR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry no cylinder block. The 800 is a mono block and unless you grenade it you don't need a new cylinder block.

geo

Reaction score
Couple of questions to you guys who have installed a few MNTK kits.

1 How do you center the jug and plate when you reassemble? Dowels are quite loose.
2 What has been the average piston clearance on a non re-nicked jug?
3 Have you taken one apart after some miles and seen better ring and piston condition?

TDR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The kit comes with extended dowels so you just replace the factory ones. I can't recall the clearance number right now but I believe it's within the factory spec. The pistons in the kit are specially made for MTNTK forged Wiseco's. The hone you do is the absolute minimum to re cross hatch. I haven't taken any apart yet as all 6 were done this year. All the sleds are running stronger than before and no piston noise.

Top Bottom