100ll in Calgary

zbmmike

Reaction score
Looking to do a 50/50 mix of avgas and prem this year.
Where around Calgary do you get it? I know Springbank has it, but how do you go about getting some? Do you have to be a member or do you just pull up and fill jugs?

Any info appreciated

Thanks

Mike.

Oilboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
fast farmer do i need a tail #? i tried at westlock and got hung up there was going to wander around and get one but it was cold and it was a recon trip
anyone have a barrel they want to sell? id rather seal it up good and only have to stop once or twice for the season

FastFarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nope, give them a call, great people. You can buy a steel drum from them, deposit is around $80 and can return it if you want as long as it’s not all banged up, exchange it or fill it up. Super easy. 100ll.ca should have prices posted for all locations, might be the wrong site but you’ll figure it out. They have full ones also that you can just pick up. Give them a shout.

d8grandpa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure in Calgary, but i get mine at High River airport. There is a CC machine there open 24hours.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where around Calgary do you get it? I know Springbank has it, but how do you go about getting some? Do you have to be a member or do you just pull up and fill jugs?

Any info appreciated

Thanks

Mike.

in Calgary....

okotoks airport, just go on there website and phone. There is a minimum fill of 100L

Highriver airport just pull up to the pump and pay credit card

Airdrie sometimes you pull up and pay, other times you gatta make a appointment. minimum fill 100L I think

This is a good reminder, I need to fill 2 drums up

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
in Calgary....

okotoks airport, just go on there website and phone. There is a minimum fill of 100L

Highriver airport just pull up to the pump and pay credit card

Airdrie sometimes you pull up and pay, other times you gatta make a appointment. minimum fill 100L I think

This is a good reminder, I need to fill 2 drums up
....3 drums

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Any info appreciated

Thanks

Mike.

You can get 100ll from the executive flight center at Springbank but their price is usually pretty high and you have to carry you jerry cans out onto the tarmac to fill them. They may make an exception for a barrel but they wouldn't let me drive out to the pump when I went there.

http://100ll.ca/index.php is a decent resource but it's only as good as the information provided by users. Pay attention to the report date on the prices.

Bluewave energy in Olds sells it as well.

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
I have a wizzy additive that we have been using for a couple of years now in our sleds, works way better than av gas and much less hassle, pm me for details.

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a wizzy additive that we have been using for a couple of years now in our sleds, works way better than av gas and much less hassle, pm me for details.
Why so secret? Very hard to believe any additive is going to give you 10 extra octane for even close to the price of avgas.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't know if this is what Catman10 is using, but Torco octane boost is pretty good. Probably will end up costing more than AV gas though.

f500010te-k_67b99b2b.jpg

9k=

ZFw7eFCZCYAAAAAASUVORK5CYII=

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
The additive we have been using for 3 years now is called Shellbourne fuels, Been running it in boosted and non boosted 2 strokes with wicked results, better than av gas forsure, no det issues even in sleds running over 10 pds boost and even significant gains in non turboed sleds in rpm to the point where you have to add primary weight, sound too good to be true I know but just ask Niner and Dragonweld, and I run it in my Winder. Everything we run it in definitely improves performance. I just don't adveritize cuz I use it as a hobby and not a big dealer or anything. you can google it, its a Canadian company down east that doesn't support Trudeau ha ha. The cost is less than Av gas and way less hassle, comes in tin jugs just like the pic above and is priced at $60.00 per can and it does 2 tanks of fuel, less for those not needing as much octane. Its a cheap experiment if you wanna try it Pm me and I will get you my ph # I have some in stock in Red Deer now.

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can get 100ll from the executive flight center at Springbank but their price is usually pretty high and you have to carry you jerry cans out onto the tarmac to fill them. They may make an exception for a barrel but they wouldn't let me drive out to the pump when I went there.

http://100ll.ca/index.php is a decent resource but it's only as good as the information provided by users. Pay attention to the report date on the prices.

Bluewave energy in Olds sells it as well.

I feel I should come in an make a respectful correction, as I have direct experience with executive flight center. They are good to work with but on the spendier side if you comparison shop.

They will not fill jerry cans of any kind!
They will not fill your steel drum!

For bulk purchase, the requirement is an approved fuel transfer tank like a tidy tank, and it must be equipped with a pump and filter setup. This regulation change came about from a heli that went down years ago due to a contaminated refuel of the bird causing a crash I was told. You can also buy new drums of 100LL from them but I think it was pretty darn pricey. Go to the office and ask what they want to do, they had me drive out to the tarmac and pulled up with their fuel tanker next to my rig.

Hope this helps,
PB

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd say VP Octanium is also in the same class. I picked up 4 cans for $30/can. Bumps 91 octane to 98 and each can gives you 40L of fuel. They used to class this as a "Race Gas Concentrate". Klotz also makes a similar product called "Hitrate". If you are in or around Grande Prairie; Happy Gas at the GP airport is super easy. Drive right to the pumps with jerry cans and swipe your card. I think it's around $1.80/L for 100LL. But the price is always on their website.

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I feel I should come in an make a respectful correction, as I have direct experience with executive flight center. They are good to work with but on the spendier side if you comparison shop.

They will not fill jerry cans of any kind!
They will not fill your steel drum!

For bulk purchase, the requirement is an approved fuel transfer tank like a tidy tank, and it must be equipped with a pump and filter setup. This regulation change came about from a heli that went down years ago due to a contaminated refuel of the bird causing a crash I was told. You can also buy new drums of 100LL from them but I think it was pretty darn pricey. Go to the office and ask what they want to do, they had me drive out to the tarmac and pulled up with their fuel tanker next to my rig.

Hope this helps,
PB

Good to know. I was there in the spring of 2014 and they let me go out onto the tarmac with jerry cans to fill. But you are correct there are better deals out there.

I usually buy most of my AV from the Revy airport. It works great because there's usually a guy there in the mornings plowing snow from 7:00am- 9:00am who can let you in and you drive right to the pump and pay with your credit card.

Top Bottom