1000 outlander fan over ride

Bruteskeg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey I wanna put a fan over ride switch on my outlander just woundering if anyone has done this yet ? I got some wire and a switch. As far as I know I need to run a power wire direct to my fan relay but wear should I take the 12v power from ? I could go off the batterie but would rather not do that .

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the fan is controlled thru your ecm so what you want to do won't work.. nothing will work unless you want to run an aftermarket ecu
if it was so easy, everybody would be doing it..

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does work actually. Mine HAD an override, but I removed it. You have to leave the factory relay and wires in place or it will throw a code. Wire a separate hot wire through a switch from the battery that hooks in downstream from the factory relay. IE: close to the motor. Then you can turn it on any time. I removed mine as I never found a need to use it.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wouldn't it make more sense to put the switch across the temp switch that turns on the fan? Jumper the input instead of messing with the output. If possible I haven't seen the wiring diagram.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wouldn't it make more sense to put the switch across the temp switch that turns on the fan? Jumper the input instead of messing with the output. If possible I haven't seen the wiring diagram.
It would make more sense...but it will throw a check engine code. The only way (that I've heard, and Pines sales does it) is to wire a separate hot wire to the fan motor.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
is there a computer mod or flash so you can change the temp at which it comes on?
Tune Monster standalone ECM is it as far as I know. Some guys wire in a fan controller to operate at lower temps than stock...but again, it has to be wired in to the fan motor directly while leaving the factory stuff intact. My 2012 hardly ever turns the fan on....the rad is much larger than the Gen1 machines.

Bruteskeg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My fan runs alot I noticed rad gets pretty dirty I'm always washing it out with the garden hose I might try seeing what I can do to put a fan switch in this week

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My fan runs alot I noticed rad gets pretty dirty I'm always washing it out with the garden hose I might try seeing what I can do to put a fan switch in this week

I found I couldn't keep my rad clean. On the 1000 it's so far back and surrounded with plastic. Also the front will look clean but behind the fan is plugged. I have now moved it up top. Hitting mud wide open and problem with over heating

Top Bottom