100 Mile Assault.......King of Boat Anchors!!!

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dont think that it's due to lack of track clips at all.. I think that it's from the lack of idler wheels.. because we have '09 rmk 800's in the shop with 1100miles on them and there is hardly any wear on the sliders at all.. Yah it was to bad that our cats were all rented so he took out a '09 rmk800.. The Rmk800's have 6 idler wheels on them and dragon 800's have no idler wheels at all..

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's too bad, a day on a Cat might have opened his eyes.:trustme: At least his clothes matched the rental!!:d

dragin8

Reaction score
Yes, the dealer told me to unhook it UNLESS you were using Ethanol fuel, which they did before I even picked it up. My dealer also told me they would cover me, not knowing who "they" are (I sure hope it's not the dealerships who are having to step up) they will cover "snow ingestion," which is what they claim was the cause of my meltdown. I sure hope they step up and do something......for those not affected YET and those affected.

i was told the other way!(ethanol= unplug) hmmm someone has their wires crossed

GRD

Reaction score
i was told the other way!(ethanol= unplug) hmmm someone has their wires crossed

You are correct... Ethanol fuel = unplug... Hard to say which fuels have ethanol and which don't. You really have to trust the place your getting fuel from. To be safe keep her unplugged!

And if you want to plug her in, make your the fuel is premium and enthanol free, might even want to add octane boost.:twocents:

Last edited:

BrosBeforeHos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Absolutely......why should we have to buy all these aftermarket parts....if a person wants to improve apon it (if that's even possible with Polaris) your probably going to have to by a certain amount of aftermarket....this I fully understand, but..........should we have to out parts on after the fact because someone can't design stuff right on the assemby line!!! They supposedly TEST RIDE these machines before they put them on the assembly line!!!! Sooooo.....who's butt do we stick our size eleven's up before stupid problems like these get rectified be the manufacturers!!! I'm sure the aftermarket fellows enjoying the manufacturers being such retards!!!!! I have to apologize, but this crap is totally unacceptable!!!!!!!:rant::rant::rant:

ccherniak

Reaction score
why would you do such a thing you didn't here about all the recalls on the doos and there main drive shaft.

Dragon mod

Reaction score
my 08 800 just blew for the 4th time and made the dealer give me a new one. But my best buddy is the mechanic and he just called me and said he thinks he found the problem, the fuel pressure was 10 to 15 lbs low and every time it blew up was when I was heading back to the truck and not into the throttle. Also check the ethenol plugs too, I have heard of more than one blowing due to ethenol, also silicone or get some sticky back foam for your head light and black duct tape on the head light adjustment works great. They also have another 08 800 in the shop blown up and the fuel pressure was extemely low too. If I remember right 58 lbs is the lowest it should be and mine was 40 -45 and the one next to mine was 35 - 40 lbs. All the ones that were in the shop for maint. and never had any problems were 60 - 65 lbs. Good luck

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You are correct... Ethanol fuel = unplug... Hard to say which fuels have ethanol and which don't. You really have to trust the place your getting fuel from. To be safe keep her unplugged!

And if you want to plug her in, make your the fuel is premium and enthanol free, might even want to add octane boost.:twocents:

Do these problems affect the 08 700 Dragons as well? Only seems to be 800s being discussed.

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my 08 800 just blew for the 4th time and made the dealer give me a new one. But my best buddy is the mechanic and he just called me and said he thinks he found the problem, the fuel pressure was 10 to 15 lbs low and every time it blew up was when I was heading back to the truck and not into the throttle. Also check the ethenol plugs too, I have heard of more than one blowing due to ethenol, also silicone or get some sticky back foam for your head light and black duct tape on the head light adjustment works great. They also have another 08 800 in the shop blown up and the fuel pressure was extemely low too. If I remember right 58 lbs is the lowest it should be and mine was 40 -45 and the one next to mine was 35 - 40 lbs. All the ones that were in the shop for maint. and never had any problems were 60 - 65 lbs. Good luck

Just curious, was the machine acting funny when you were "not into the throttle"? I have a 08 700 Dragon, and I noticed last trip I was on when I was not at full throttle, the machine was frequently bogging down a bit. Anyone notice this on theirs?

BrosBeforeHos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya, I got mine back (2009 Assault).......to have it start doing the same thing after 10 miles on a new top end. It will hit 8300 rpm but drops off too 6300 rpm, nearly throwing a guy over the window. If I feather the throttle I can get it to come back, however when we were headed back to the trucks it kept getting worse. I tried running it at 7300 but it wanted to run erratically. Is there any Polaris mechanics that can help me with this problem??????? I am aware of the lag between the high and low injectors, but its almost like the injectors are dropping out......not sure...a little confused!!!!!

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya, I got mine back (2009 Assault).......to have it start doing the same thing after 10 miles on a new top end. It will hit 8300 rpm but drops off too 6300 rpm, nearly throwing a guy over the window. If I feather the throttle I can get it to come back, however when we were headed back to the trucks it kept getting worse. I tried running it at 7300 but it wanted to run erratically. Is there any Polaris mechanics that can help me with this problem??????? I am aware of the lag between the high and low injectors, but its almost like the injectors are dropping out......not sure...a little confused!!!!!

If i was yuou and your new sled startewd acting up like it is especially right after they redid the motor i'd be droppin that thing off at the dealership and tellin them to fix it and make it work right.. The 3 rmk 800's '09 that are at our shop work good, we've had two sensors go to the crapper in the pipe but thats the most of our issues..And one of them has over 1600miles on it already.

BrosBeforeHos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I talked to the dealer yesterday.......this is what they did to rectify my problems......they installed 68 gram weights, 66 gram weights are what was in there, dealer said I'd hit 8600 rpm, I only remember 8300 rpm....anyways, they also drained all the regular out of my tank and filled it with premium, and told me to use premium only........there is only one gas station in my town that provides premium....sooooo I guess I won't be going to far away from the gas station, since its a gas hog. Another thing that was done was the black rubber hose from your variable exhaust valves to the altitude solenoid on your left shock mount was disconnected and a bolt inserted so nothing gets inside. This has to be reconnected mind you when I'm in the mountains (sure hope I remember...). I haven't picked it up yet......and I'm not sure I'm going to........I'm seriously thinking of switching brands.

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so today was riding along on my 09 800 dragon and all of a sudden BOOM and i stop.
motor is seized about 20min later it comes loose,it started but didn't sound good so towed to truck.only 475 miles on it and cycleworks is gonna get it back.

BrosBeforeHos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stupid one ring piston designs.....sorry about your luck. Let a guy know what Cycleworks has to say. Mine's on it's third strike (one more ride away).........will a guy be switching brands....time will tell!!!!!

Senshi

Reaction score
So does anyone know if Polaris has been covering these under warranty? I agree that we shouldnt have to go and buy extra filter kits to protect these sleds that are built to run in the back country. Polaris needs to step up and do the right thing.

Has this been happening on the Dragon also?
There is a kit from SLP ($30) for the headlight dial. The dial is the same on all the machines I've seen back to 2006!

Senshi

Reaction score
Hey Bro: try this phone # 1-888-609-5550. It may be a Factory Kiss A.. line but at least you will be heard. When I spoke to them, the gal said they didn't deal with tech stuff, but there is a record of every call recieved. I let her know what all my buds were thinking and saying, and at least she 'sounded' sympathetic to our plight.
D

chadwik74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a kit from SLP ($30) for the headlight dial. The dial is the same on all the machines I've seen back to 2006!

That SHOULD be included in the selling price I would think. It would be nice to hear what Polaris has to say about all this. I can't believe when I looked at that adj. knob...:eek: . It's a direct path to the air box!

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was at dealer yesterday and polaris wants to know about crank condition,dealer said they are going for a short block assembly,to much labour to rebuild everything.He said he will keep telling polaris it needs a short block.Looked at parts what a mess,i told them that don't happen in one ride,he agreed.

Top Bottom