09 m1000 handling.

marcel.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok so your saying I should have it tipped over so much that it wants to fall uphill right? And by wrong foot forward you mean switch feet while I'm moving? Sorry I'm somwrhat unclear of that part you wrote. But thanks a lot for the input though.

cdnredneck_t3

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
East of the Rockies and west of the rest.
Wrong Foot or Opposite Foot Forward is when you have your right leg on the left running board and you left leg completely off the sled being used as a ballast to keep the sled up hill, a paddle if you need a bit more momentum or to push the sled back down the hill if you start to wash out all while manipulating your counter steer and using throttle control to maintain a line. Pretty straight forward eh?

marcel.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh ok that makes more sense. And by washing out you mean when the track starts sliding out?

marcel.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah that's what I thought. Well thanks but its all easier said than done I just need practice that's all

joekikass

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No it doesn't really trench bad that's not really an issue. Umm when I punch on it I find my exhaust side always comes up first and makes me turn to I have to put more weight on that side. Also if I'm flying across a feild and my skiis are skipping across the snow my sled always steers to the left its a real pain. I'm guessing this has to to with suspension setup?

If your sled isn't tracking straight you should be checking ski alignment. Head and shoulder position is important having shoulders square and looking in the direction you want to go. You need to finness the throttle when side hilling, carving this is key. It's like a clitoris you have to be on it just right for good things to happen!!!

Last edited:

marcel.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your sled isn't tracking straight you should be checking ski alignment. Head and shoulder position is important having shoulders square and looking in the direction you want to go. You need to finness the throttle when side hilling, carving this is key. It's like a clitoris you have to be on it just right for good things to happen!!!
Haha that's an awesome way of putting it lol thanks!

jjack

Banned
Reaction score
Same problem you had could not even think of going on a side hill.Ski aligment 1inch toe out droped front shocks down to 50 psi so I could get some movment in them.Feels soft in front end but Now I sit on a 3 to 1 ditch slope no having to fight it what so ever totally diferant machine.

Top Bottom