09 800 Dragon Vs 08 XP 800 Which to Buy?

tmix

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My friend would like to buy a new sled, but doesn't know which one to buy.09 800 dragon or 08 xp 800 does some riding here but also likes the mountains.Any reviews would be helpfull.:cool:

raustincat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
either or... he won't be dissapointed... rev climbs unreal... not really familiar with the 09 dragons... but im sure it will hold its own up in the hills.

really these days its tough to be dissapointed with your sled, i guess rider position would play a role... xp's are very forward rider position he might not like it... he might love it...

Auzz

162SKIDOO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My friend would like to buy a new sled, but doesn't know which one to buy.09 800 dragon or 08 xp 800 does some riding here but also likes the mountains.Any reviews would be helpfull.:cool:

shame shame for asking t!!!!

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm bias towards DOO, but a friend just bought a new 08 M8 nice sled "for a cat", seems to be lots left over. Going cheap, I think his was $9800 out the door but dont qoute me.

tmix

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks, my buddy has owned polaris for the last 6 years, so for him i think it's tough to switch to doo's. He was hoping someone had rode there 09 dragon to give a review. He mite wait another week to see if the price drops he's very confused.?!:eek:

Rocky Mountain Kamakazi

Reaction score
My father had the same problem last fall...he did not like how far forward you sit on the XP, when your climbin and the skiis come off about 6" it feels like your going to go over, you will just have to get used to it i guess but he sno checked a 09 RMK.

Billy Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am a Doo owner but have rode the Dragon 700 and found it a very nimble sled, was very impressed with its response, handling and power.

Billy Boy:cool:

IFSM8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 09 doo and I don't mind it. Still have to spend some more time on it to get used to it. It is a different riding machine than my 07 M8 but i would recommend both. I have friends with 07's, 08's and 09 dragons that all love them and they ride similar to an arctic cat from when i remember riding them.
Also a solid machine is the new assault I ran into a guy who just loved that machine he said it could hammer the mogals all day on that machine.

So good luck on picking the machine!:)

Raildog

Reaction score
I have a 800 Dragon with a 163 what a animal in deepsnow. You stick a pipe and can on and it is a firebreathing dragon. Chang the gears and ad a Boondocker kit and away you go.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you are out in mcbride area before he buys one we are renting '09 rmk 800's, and '09 M8's.

tmix

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone for your input! Glen that sounds like a good idea i'll mention it tonite. What's available for next week and how much to rent, thanks again!

magnet32

Reaction score
I HAVE A 07,800REV AND 07,M8 SNOW PRO.I DON'T LIKE DOO'S PRICES FOR PARTS,MY CATS CHEAPER TO FIX. PRICE OUT SOME PARTS BETWEEN,POLARIS&DOO,MAYBE THAT WILL HELP.I'V HERD THE POLARIS SUSPENTION IS GREAT.:shots:

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone for your input! Glen that sounds like a good idea i'll mention it tonite. What's available for next week and how much to rent, thanks again!

Either the M or the rmk is still available.

zduck14

Reaction score
I have an 07 Dragon and love it. I tried my brothers 08 XP the other day and hated the forward stance. It's probably because I was used to the Polaris but I found the Dragon handled a lot nicer. As for the M8, my other brother has one and it just seems way to tippy for my liking.

Scuba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 09 Dragon 800 155 and i just rode revy, I love it great power, easy to handle you won't be disapointed, i would suggest it to anyone.

tmix

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My buddy has made both doo & polaris dealers a crazy offer no word on what he is going to do? Thanks for the good feedback!!:beer::beer:

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am a Doo guy but rode An 09 800 snow check on the weekend. I liked the way it felt was easy to throw around.
It wasn't making alot of track speed only 37 to 39 MPH. That was enought to stay with my 06 REV.
A little clutching and gearing should really rip.
only down fall i could see was the rear suspention sacked out on the trail.
He was a little disipionted about that.

Top Bottom