08 xp just shut off while carving .. Won't start now ..

Fridaysoff

Reaction score
Does anyone have any ideas . My dess was acting up all day but ran well just by wiggling it . Also noticed the fuel gauge stopped working . Even while it was full

Sent from my iPhone using

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What have you checked ?Does it have spark? Have you Done a compression test.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
do you know if it has had all the updates done to it? might be the wire rubbing on the rivet thing, mag side on the bulkhead. another thing to check is the tail light bulb....I know it sounds crazy but the bulb broke in my tail light and the filament mounts touched each other or the bulb's metal housing. sled acted goofy with the electrical for a half day and then just died on the trail. only thing I could find was the broken bulb, changed it and it ran fine. that was 2 years ago.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Spark, fuel , Compression.... You are missing one of those...

Fridaysoff

Reaction score
Thanks for all the Info .. I think it's a plug back behind the chaincase . Talked to the guy that sold me it .. And recommended checking that as it has happened before

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the Info .. I think it's a plug back behind the chaincase . Talked to the guy that sold me it .. And recommended checking that as it has happened before

Which plug? The voltage regulator Plug?

Fridaysoff

Reaction score
Well couldn't undo the plug in -25 with my bare hands but got it running nonetheless .. Thanks everyone for your input ..

Top Bottom