08 Xp everest summit vibration issues

Brentkuik

Reaction score
2008 xp 800 163 2700 miles. .. Got my valves clean but... Has anybody seen a thin film of white silicone around the cap? Looks like threebond 1211. Is this a fix or preventative deal? Just got the sled and rode it 3days in the mountains. Had sluggish throttle response great power and clutching was good. Then i got a vibration between 5000-7000 rpm. Crank runout is between .02-.03. You think the primary bushings might be shot? I have the primary apart and there might be a little play but just thought I'd check with the pros before I throw parts at it! Also it seemed a little sluggish fuel wise from 4-5k rpm. Can you adjust the needles on these and does the secondary clutch have to be off to pull carbs??? Sorry guys new sled and i like things to be perfect before I go again! Thanks

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
2008 xp 800 163 2700 miles. .. Got my valves clean but... Has anybody seen a thin film of white silicone around the cap? Looks like threebond 1211. Is this a fix or preventative deal? Just got the sled and rode it 3days in the mountains. Had sluggish throttle response great power and clutching was good. Then i got a vibration between 5000-7000 rpm. Crank runout is between .02-.03. You think the primary bushings might be shot? I have the primary apart and there might be a little play but just thought I'd check with the pros before I throw parts at it! Also it seemed a little sluggish fuel wise from 4-5k rpm. Can you adjust the needles on these and does the secondary clutch have to be off to pull carbs??? Sorry guys new sled and i like things to be perfect before I go again! Thanks

I believe the doo spec for crank runout is .001"-.002".......tick, tick, tick.....BOOM!
Check the PTO for grease.....its the first thing to do for peace of mind.....

Top Bottom