06' rev 800 summit won't start... seems electrical..

Reaction score
Started acting up yesterday on the trail, RER was intermittent, would stall out when I tried putting it in reverse, RPM needle jumping around, dropped to 0 rpm while idling, Rpm gauge flashing indication small digital display flashing/beeping, though idle seemed fine, it would read rpm again when throttle was pressed down and clutches engaged. when switching high beam/ low beam, big pauses before lights would light up again.
Loaded it I my truck, when I got home, it wouldn't start at all, won't even try, no lights at all when manually pulled over...

Dess key is on post properly... but might be the problem if it has failed..

any ideas ??

This is a manual start machine only...

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bad relay above clutch, or the wiring to the plug in it plugs into

Would also be way rich, cause the dpm is full on with no power to it

sent while I should be drinking tea's

summit06

Reaction score
Sounds like a stator to me. Almost sounds like the same thing I had.

Darrel

Reaction score
What was the problem with your sled. I seem to be having the same troubles. I replaced the nun and after sitting for a minth it won't start. No spark. Tach stuck at 1000. No lights when I pull it over. It had electric start but I removed the starter and wires. Not sure what to look at next.

nielsy

Reaction score
Darrel did you change the harness over the clutches different harness electric start and manual start

Darrel

Reaction score
All I did was remove the starter. I removed the starter ground and the power wire to the battery

nielsy

Reaction score
you need a different harness on top of your clutches or it will not run if you want it to run with the existing harness you will have to reinstall battery

Marley

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just slaved in a good battery. Still dead. Going to try the stator next.

Check the voltage on the battery again. Not sure exactly what it is supposed to be but it is like 13.9v when fully charged - any less and weird stuff happens.

Darrel

Reaction score
So I replaced the stator and still no go. I believe I have a short to ground. I have narrowed it down to between the voltage regulator and the ecu. I'm going to look for a wiring diagram tonight.

Anyone know where I can find a wire diagram or schematic?

Last edited:

pizalm

Reaction score
My brother had problems starting his 05 even with the battery in and starter removed. Swapped the non e-start harness from my sled and it worked perfect.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom