08 summit no spark

SUMMIT 700

Reaction score
So yesterday my summit 800 just died, shut down like I hit the kill switch. it was sitting just idling when it happened. I pulled both plug wires and no spark either side when I pull it over. compression is good, I just checked the red wire behind the chaincase and it looks like it has been already taken care of. it is taped and has plastic wire loom over it now. I disconnected the kill switch and still nothing. should the tail lights glow when I pull the rope? what should I check next? Just got the sled last week so i'm not really familiar with it yet. thanks in advance
cory

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 2012 E-Tec summit did that once(and it cost me a chopper ride). It turned out to be a little piece of wire shorting out the stator. could be something that simple.

nielsy

Reaction score
check the red/blue wire to the regulator that it is not grounded out

Mustangrh68

Reaction score
Check the kill switch by disconnecting the wires in the handle bars. My 07 XRS did that last time in Radium. No spark. disconnected the plug and drove it the rest of the day. Must have a short inside the switch! haven't had a chance to take it apart and find out why yet!!

97summit

Reaction score
Did you find the problem? My 09 just did the same thing to me. I am thinking that it is the stator.

Top Bottom