'08 Rubicon won't stay running

fhe

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Use coldstart prime to start, runs for 5- 10 seconds and quits. Tried choke-no choke, throttle-no throttle. Ran good last time out, never an issue. Seems to be a fuel problem. Will not start unless primed. Suggestions??

brianwmcdonald

Reaction score
Try taking the gas cap off and starting it, could be air locked, have had this happen before on my Rubi, and my bro inlaws Brute

CountryRider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What temperature are you running your quad at? What kind of fuel lines are you running? make sure ur valves isn't forzen ect...

fhe

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What temperature are you running your quad at? What kind of fuel lines are you running? make sure ur valves isn't forzen ect...

This was on Sunday @ -8, so everything should be good. I thought about frozen lines but has been colder with same fuel in tank and no problem. Have to spend some time with it I guess.

mudbug

Reaction score
Well if your were riding it lately, it's possible you may have injested some snow into the intake for your carb and it has coated your air filter with a nice film of ice. something you might want to check. Its happened to me in the past.:beer:

fhe

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well if your were riding it lately, it's possible you may have injested some snow into the intake for your carb and it has coated your air filter with a nice film of ice. something you might want to check. Its happened to me in the past.:beer:

Good stuff! Another thing to check. Thanks!

fhe

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Solved, appears it was ice in the fuel. Gasline antifreeze and all is good. Being that it started with primer thought it's problem was deeper than that.

Top Bottom