08 M8 Help

Colten KM8

Reaction score
Well i was rippin throygh the field yesterday and blew a belt. I changed it and. Went on my way then 'ecu 16' came up on the speedo. Can someone tell me what that code is? It sounded like chit when i first fired it up after xhangin the belt so i shut it off and started it up again and started to head home (was only a half mile from home) i punched it a few times an it started to clear up. Oil and coolent are all topped up. Thanks in advance!

m8welder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Under the hood by the ecu box there should be a sticker that tells you the codes

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well i was rippin throygh the field yesterday and blew a belt. I changed it and. Went on my way then 'ecu 16' came up on the speedo. Can someone tell me what that code is? It sounded like chit when i first fired it up after xhangin the belt so i shut it off and started it up again and started to head home (was only a half mile from home) i punched it a few times an it started to clear up. Oil and coolent are all topped up. Thanks in advance!

Pretty sure that's incorrect APV adjustment or failure..

Cowboyup083

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ECU 16 is the apv adjustment or failure.

Do not want to hijack the thread but I had a simailar thing happen to me on sunday, went pulled the machine out of shed let it warm up, then drove it to get fuel and about 4800 rpm Ecu 16 started flashing on the gauge drove back into the shop and left there not sure what were to go from here.

Cowboyup083

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does any one know how to check and make sure the APV are opening at the right RPMS, and adjust the cables to the right setting? I also running a 2008 M8.

badss

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Boys,not to push you away from all the knowledge on here as there are some very knowledgable people on here but you can also go over to ArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum and go under M series sleds...there a ton of info over there as well and you guys aren't the first to encounter this....hope it helps ya.

klswine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have heard that the apv cables stretch out and that the cables ties holding them can be to tight. This can affect them change the ties and ziptie a little loose if not they arent that bad to pull out. I think the gasket kits run 15 bucks and 2 bolts to pull out and clean. If im wrong sorry.

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What's the spec on the adjustment for the '08 M8...? I have the service manual for my 2010 so I know HOW to do everything, but just don't have the right specs for the '08.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If it happened right after blowing a belt them what i'd do first off is make sure that it didn't damage the wires or connector for them. If the wires get unhooked or or broken it will bring up tha tcode. Also if the belt happened to pull the cables out of there holder properly it will also thro that code. I have seen all of the above when belts blow once in a while, i've seen worse case scenario to where it destroys cables and wires. This should be a good place to start. Let us know what you find and will be glad to help out if more info is needed.

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If it happened right after blowing a belt them what i'd do first off is make sure that it didn't damage the wires or connector for them. If the wires get unhooked or or broken it will bring up tha tcode. Also if the belt happened to pull the cables out of there holder properly it will also thro that code. I have seen all of the above when belts blow once in a while, i've seen worse case scenario to where it destroys cables and wires. This should be a good place to start. Let us know what you find and will be glad to help out if more info is needed.

Very true! My cables were just hanging there ran like crap! Adjusted and fastened the cables down properly, cleared right up! Keep it simple stupid eh!

Top Bottom