08 M1000 PTO Side runs 80F hotter than Mag

Catberg

Reaction score
Need a little help. My 08 M1000 runs between 50 and 100 F hotter on the PTO side than the mag side. It has an SLP y pipe, can and pipe. V force reeds and a boondocker box. I swapped egt probes left to right but the problem stays on the pto side. I took the boondocker box out of the loop and carefully ran the sled but the pto still ran hot. Would exhaust valve adjustment make a difference? Anyone encounter this or have any ideas?

jerryscott

Reaction score
Need a little help. My 08 M1000 runs between 50 and 100 F hotter on the PTO side than the mag side. It has an SLP y pipe, can and pipe. V force reeds and a boondocker box. I swapped egt probes left to right but the problem stays on the pto side. I took the boondocker box out of the loop and carefully ran the sled but the pto still ran hot. Would exhaust valve adjustment make a difference? Anyone encounter this or have any ideas?

that's a big difference in temp, they should always run pretty close, my m7 is always within 15 degrees in temp. I wonder if one side might be leaning out

heavy d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Better fatten up that pto side cyl, or your lookin for a meltdown

sledhead800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that's a big difference in temp, they should always run pretty close, my m7 is always within 15 degrees in temp. I wonder if one side might be leaning out

X2 big difference there, i know my 2010 m8 runs about 10 to 15 degrees in difference.

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
Pm'd you already but I just thought of something, have you checked your plugs? you could have one going bad and you should do a compression test while you are at it and make sure everything is good to start out with. Let us know.

Dobir

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
common that you need to add fuel to that side...that is a bit too hot though..call Linderman at Arctic Edge

Warhawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
check clutch alignment as the heat transfers thru the crank

just my .02

Turbo-North

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has he had the ECU update done?? Lotsa issues with this too apperantly but........ Strange it,s one side, check for air leaks on that side, Throttle body boots, reeds etc...

mphfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If one cylinder is down on compression that would do it. Are both your egt probes placed exactly the same distant apart from piston skirt? That could do it. :confused:

Catberg

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I will check compression, c/o plugs. Eg temps used to be the same so the egt location should be all right. The engine blew up last year in Revy. This is a new engine. I only got a few hours on it and that was at 1000 feet of elevation in Fort McMurray. I am thinking that whatever is causing the imbalance that blew up the last engine is still there. Mountain Magic put in the new mill and checked all of the boots/ intake etc. I think I have narrowed it down to the boondocker wiring harness. I removed the boondocker from the loop and hung the back end from the garage roof and ran it. With the boondocker out of the circuit both sides obviously ran hotter but they were very close in temp. We are going to Revy again first week of Dec so I am working hard to get it sorted out. When they fly your sled out you don't even get to ride in the chopper. I don't need to learn that lesson again! I sure appreciate everyone's help. Thanks!

Captain Undies

Reaction score
Let me know how you make out. I am having the same issue with mine(running hotter on the PTO side) and running an SLP set up with boondocker,.....if thats the issue im gonna chuck the boondocker out

craptabulous

Reaction score
i know this a three year old thread but did anyone ever figure this out , i am having the same problem .

Top Bottom