08 m1000 crankshaft/primary clutch (pictures) HELP!!

jethrobodean

Reaction score
Are you sure your telling us all how it all played out? From the looks of the primary it seems that the primary took a crap when it had problems the first time( Previous reverse post). Bad vibrations from the screwed primary took out the shaft. Next time shut it off when it dosent seem right. Expensive lesson, Snowmobiling isnt cheap. Also how do you "clean out" the servo motor? WTF?

Last edited:

craptabulous

Reaction score
The only way to of known there was a crack is if the ultrasounded the crank , other than that yOu wouldnt be able to tell.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you sure your telling us all how it all played out? From the looks of the primary it seems that the primary took a crap when it had problems the first time( Previous reverse post). Bad vibrations from the screwed primary took out the shaft. Next time shut it off when it dosent seem right. Expensive lesson, Snowmobiling isnt cheap. Also how do you "clean out" the servo motor? WTF?

LMAO - nice first post Jethro, do you work at the factory in Theif River Falls in the next state over? there is no way to tell when the crank is going, unless you pull the clutch every 15 mins and check the crank run out or use ultrasonic as indicated. Usually by the time you realize it doesn't "seem right", the clutch is in the belly pan. I guess Polaris had crank issues because their clutches were no good? LOL That logic doesn't work out, its harmonics and vibration that does it, especially on a big displacement twin. The triples of yesterday used counterbalance to help with some of these issues.

Thanks for coming out though.

h.karst

Reaction score
If you can't find me check your moms house
ye that's exactly how it played out..... anyways, the dealer offered to repair the sled for me or trade it in on a different machine so this is the new ride! pretty happy with the way everything worked out.
IMG-20131206-00182.jpg Lethbridge-20131206-00183.jpg Lethbridge-20131206-00184.jpg

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I would post up for the dealer, that is good customer service and willingness to provide service.

ya for sure. Every one is quick to bash a dealer when something goes wrong but nobody give any recognition for a dealer that makes it right.

markoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It all depends on the dollar amounts. Did the dealer offer to fix sled at no cost to you? if he did thats pretty good. also what value did he put on your trade in? The same as you paid for it? Some more details would be nice.

h.karst

Reaction score
If you can't find me check your moms house
Yes thanks to Richard at Precision Powersports in Lethbridge To answer your question yes he was going to repair the sled at no cost to me. Or give me full value for what I paid on the m1000 ($5, 900) I took that option and love the new chassis so far and the 800 has pretty much just as much jam as the 1000. Will slowly do some upgrades on the new 800 but it sits stock right now and performs really well.

Top Bottom