08 700 rmk engine blown

bustedknuckle

Reaction score
just wondering if anybody out there has the same troubles as my sled? put 750 miles on with no trouble then engine blows up (leaned out)take out this winter put on 78 miles from fresh rebuild engine melt down again,maybe time to switch brands.::mad::beer::realmad:

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just wondering if anybody out there has the same troubles as my sled? put 750 miles on with no trouble then engine blows up (leaned out)take out this winter put on 78 miles from fresh rebuild engine melt down again,maybe time to switch brands.::mad::beer::realmad:

I have an 08 Dragon 700, same engine. Have around 500 miles on it, but have started to notice the odd mid-throttle bog. Not always, just intermittent. Did the dealer say why it was leaned out? I thought we weren't supposed to have that problem with EFI? I've been hearing about lots of engine problems in the 800s, but haven't heard of much problems in the 700s. Anyone else having problems with theirs? If my engine blows and I start to have a lot of trouble, I won't p#ss around, I'll sell it and buy a Doo or Cat.

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have a 2007 700 dragon did clutch and gearing added a can the thing rocks no snow ingesting does have the hesitation thing but only when you hold it at a certain rpm no big deal 1400miles recharged front shocks and replaced slides guys have asked if it is a 800 it runs that good

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just talked to the dealer, sled's in for some warranty work. Said ECU needs a reflash and a mapping problem. Said that's probably why I get a mid throttle bog. Has yours been done, maybe that's why it's running so lean?

bustedknuckle

Reaction score
Had the ECU reflashed at first melt down dealer, but still only lasted 78 miles goin in tommorrow for repair maybe they will nail it down this time

Dragon mod

Reaction score
Have them check the fuel pressure, my 800 had a fuel pressure problem and blew up 4 times before they figured it out. I have 400 miles on the latest rebuild and no problems since the fuel pump was replaced. It was only making it around 150 miles before the pump was replaced. Good luck

nathan

Reaction score
have a 2007 700 dragon did clutch and gearing added a can the thing rocks no snow ingesting does have the hesitation thing but only when you hold it at a certain rpm no big deal 1400miles recharged front shocks and replaced slides guys have asked if it is a 800 it runs that good

You should try running 2 liters of 111 octane, to 8 liters of high test. until your tank is full. My buddy runs that with venting clutching and a mbrp, and on most days he makes my D8 look like a 600 carb. and I'v got a whack of stuff done to the sled.. He has not an issue running with the two M1000's we ride with.. Almost worth taking the wifey's D7 and giving up on the D8

water boy

Reaction score
I have had two go down! My 08 RMK 700 took out the mag side,looked like a lean burn down.The dealer could not tell me why,it had about 1700 miles on it and the latest reflash.I traded it off on an 800 Assault,so far so good it has about 1400 miles on it.My wife's 08 700 s/b took the motor out at about 2900 miles pto side piston broke at the ring land exaust side. Dealer installed a new motor,sled has a 4 year warranty so we will keep it. I don't know what to think about the new polaris motors. We never had any problems with the older ones. Had 9000 miles on my 04 600 RMK when I sold it,and the wife had 9500 on her 02 700XC.

miles johnson 1993

Reaction score

hey dude i busted the bulk head on my polaris dragon 700 and i was wondering if your willing to sell your blown up sled e-mail me at hyperboymiles_746@hotmail.com and we can discus this more

Sparky's

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a TPsensor go hay wire on mine. I repaced it and haven't had a prob since. I did also had the motor rebuilt yearler in the fall, but it was just from were and tear from eating up some ski donts.

looknforsnow

Reaction score
Have them check the fuel pressure, my 800 had a fuel pressure problem and blew up 4 times before they figured it out. I have 400 miles on the latest rebuild and no problems since the fuel pump was replaced. It was only making it around 150 miles before the pump was replaced. Good luck

Hey pal i just blew up my 08' 700 dragon rmk 155''....about 4800 or so miles? right side or pipe and can side melted down to 60psi any more helpful hints????? thanks bud.

Top Bottom