07 Rev won't restart once it's warm

660canuck

Reaction score
I've got an 07 Rev with the 08 updated motor installed about 400km ago. It ran perfect when I had it out late in November. Took it out on New Years to take the kids for a ride, started and ran perfect, but took 20-30 pulls to restart after shutting it off. Went out to silent last week, started fine first thing in the morning, ran great all the way up the trail, took a break and shut it off, didn't want to start again. Changed the plugs and after several pulls it started and ran perfect. It was brutal to get restarted all day.Forgot to put my scratchers down for the trail on the way out, over heated and had to shut it off again. Could not get it to restart, had to tow it out. Can anyone shed some light on this?

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are the plugs wet or dry when it won't start??

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk

whitegold

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I actually had a similar incident with mine... ended up using the choke to restart it.... WEIRD!! Any ideas?????

660canuck

Reaction score
Plugs looked a bit oily, not really wet when I changed them the first time, but they ha 400km on them. After that they were dry. I am thinking plug wires or something electrical. I will start checking things out on Monday. Coolant valves are off.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mabe try a new power relay. It's the one on the Lh side above the air box.
It's usually the other way but Mabe its getting wet after riding.

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk

DTH

Reaction score
Check the one way valve on the fuel tank vent line.

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have you had any problems with the recoil falling apart..... maybe something got into the stator

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
do you hold the throttle when you pull? I always crack the throttle a bit on both of my revs (old 05 and current 07) when they are warm. Otherwise they are a biotch to start.

just make sure it doesn't run away on ya ;)

BIB

Reaction score
I had the same issue and it was the relay. Its a five dollor fix. Change it a give it a try. It is a 1" black cube near the fuses. if you don't have a relay unplug the head lights and see if it starts, if it does it's the relay.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wifes 600 was doin the same thing this weekend. will check the relay and go from there.

Top Bottom