07 m1000

bensen

Reaction score
Looking at a low mile 07 m1000 for a second sled have a 12 assault rmk. Just wondering how these are and difference between 07 and 09. Thanks.

CatMan16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The tunnel extensions are different rear bumper tail light snow flap and cooler. 07 should have a solid steering post and 09 may have a telescopic post. 07 has mechanical reverse and 09 has engine reverse. Sure there are more differences but I think these are the major ones.

DDrake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 09 will be lighter just because of the engine reverse instead of mechanical reverse. Don't know if weight difference will be noticeable or not.

saltywalt

Reaction score
'09 also has the Fox Float skid, '07 has torsion springs. '09 steers way sharper due to different spindles

smokindave

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
'09 also has the Fox Float skid, '07 has torsion springs. '09 steers way sharper due to different spindles

I and many other people prefer the castor/camber on the 07 and earlier M series.They handle a lot better and with a bit of grinding and notching can be made to turn a little sharper.
The 07 also had one of the best fuel maps for the 1000 and also used for only this year a four post clutch which are sought after for turbo applications.
These are great powerful machines no matter what year...I love the torque and if you add boost they'll beat almost everything out there.
Parts for these sleds are readily available and affordable.
I will always own one till Cat comes out with a new mountain specific M1000 again....till than I'll keep riding the old girl! LOL

saltywalt

Reaction score
[/B]I and many other people prefer the castor/camber on the 07 and earlier M series.They handle a lot better and with a bit of grinding and notching can be made to turn a little sharper.
The 07 also had one of the best fuel maps for the 1000 and also used for only this year a four post clutch which are sought after for turbo applications.
These are great powerful machines no matter what year...I love the torque and if you add boost they'll beat almost everything out there.
Parts for these sleds are readily available and affordable.
I will always own one till Cat comes out with a new mountain specific M1000 again....till than I'll keep riding the old girl! LOL
I completely agree. There's nothing like a boosted 1000

marcel.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure th 09 has the h.o engine in it. But I've heard an 07 with the reflash actuallyputs more HP. And yeah most of the differences have been stated above. Fox floats are a very nice touch.

craptabulous

Reaction score
The 4 tower is great if you put a supreme tools spider in it . Otherwise the spiders are prone to cracking . Mine went 4000kms before i upgraded , unbroken . I wouldnt worry about the weight , the spring skid climbs better bu the float skid is better on the trails , its cheap to change if you care

Top Bottom