07 800R Clicker Position?

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm just curious to know What # clicker are you 07 800R guys running? I'm running about 8200 on clicker #5 but the snow at renshaw that weekend was pretty firm, so I suspect i'll have to drop to #4 in the powder, I've heard the the factory tach is not that accurate approx 200rpm, does it read to fast or to slow

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
as long as all 3 are on the same # you can't really hurt the clutch. just don't take the nut off all the way. You can lose bushings if the bolts come out.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My tack reads fast and I am set on #4 with no problems.

ESOX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had no problems with the clutching last year and it was running perfect on number 4 but after I took it in and had the clutch updates done it ran like crap and was only pulling about 7500 rpm. When I adjusted the clickers I noticed one of them was set at a different number. After I put them all on number 5 it still seemed to struggle and was only pulling 7900-8000. I left them there as it was near the end of the ride, but should I be having the dealer check out the clutch for any damages as a result of the clicker being out??. I was surprised that there was no vibration or anything else-just low rpm's with one of the clickers out. :cool:
As for the accuracy...I think mine has been accurate because when it is running at the right rpms it is a noticeable difference all around!.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i would like to know the answer to the calibration question as well
mine pulls at 8200 give or take on clicker #4
if the calibration is out maybe i got 200 more rpm of power?

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im on clicker 3 and it pulls 8200 no problem. I have seen if a few times bounce over that too. next ride once my knee is better ill try clicker 2 and see.

O2Bsane

Reaction score
What are the settings for on the secondary???? I noticed it has settings from 0 to 6. Is it to set how high the belt rides in the secondary?

Maverick800XRS

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run clicker 4 in golden and pull 8200rpm on a climb and clicker 5 in revy at 8200. I have noticed that if im running at 8400rpm it seems to pull less, then once the motor gets bogged down to 8200 at the top of the hill it pulls my hands off the bars, im pretty sure my tach is bang on because of this, i was told it is 200rpm low, not sure.

The primary MUST be all on the same clicker position, as i just had mine apart i think it changes the angle of the ramps in the govener cup to how the rollers move on them to close the clutch through the rpm ranges, if one is not the same as the others then the clutch isn't closing evenly or apply the same amount of pressure on the belt as it turns. I think ? :p
PS: Get yourself a set of quick clickers, they are amazing and make changing the clutch settings from a 5min job to 25 seconds !! amazing product, you don't even need tools to do it.

The secondary positions are to adjust belt deflection (how high the belt rides in the clutch). When adjusting this, if you are closing it, make sure to spin the track of the ground a little so the belt climbs up every time u adjust it so u can tell how far it has moved, or u can try spinning it in the clutch so it climbs itself, i fine this pretty hard to do. You want the top of the cords to be flush with the top of the clutch OR if you have a sled stand or some guys that are willing to hold the sled in the air, the track should be turning VERY slightly while it's off the ground, or if you use a finger to push on a paddle it should move very easily.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNVv-jOzaIE[/media]

this link will give you a visual of what should happen when your belt is at the right deflection.

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
whats the max rpm you would want to run? in town on my 06 800 i pull around 8450-8500 but m dad says up top the rpms will go down, im new to the tra clutches, so could i get some help?

Maverick800XRS

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On your belt cover it tells u what u should be at, the 800R makes it's max power around 8150, so i wouldn't go over 8200, also the higher you run it the higher the risk is hitting it off the rev limiter, espically when doing power turns and such. You want 8200 on a climb, but riding the trail you will always get 200 more rpm so 8400, if thats all your doing during the day is riding trail id take it down one to keep the rev's lower, also your making more power.

Sleeper700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
An easy rule of thumb, lower number on the TRA clickers means lower RPM (usually 200RPM per number). You will notice that if you want to maintain the same RPM in town vs 8000ft, you usually have to change the clickers by 1 or 2 settings. I run clicker 2 at 2500ft and clicker 4 at 6000-8000ft. Keep an eye on the tach while you are accelerating, and you will notice where the "sweet spot" is. The 06 800 Powertek should be around 7900RPM for peak hp if I remember right. Just be careful not to undo the nuts right off the clicker bolts, because you don't want to have the bolt come out.

Last edited:
Top Bottom