Are Challenger Lite tracks really that bad?

kanders

Reaction score
After 5 long years I'm finally starting to put my 07 Rev 800R back together. 5 years ago I had a "great" idea to strip down an almost new sled to do a tunnel swap (Racers edge) and other mods, problem is I had an identical sled as backup and wasn't motivated to finish the project. Now I've realized that it's a waste having it sitting in a pile of pieces and am going to dedicate some time to putting it back together. The new tunnel has been attached to the bulkhead and a drop and roll mod done at the same time. My dilemma is that if I do all the mods I originally wanted to do (aftermarket suspension, light weight parts etc) I am throwing good money after bad since the sled is so old now. Even if I do all the top mods, It will still not handle as well as a new XM chassis but cost as much. Anyway, I'm planning on making it a 162 (originally 151) and there are lots of take off challenger lite tracks out there for really cheap. Are they really that bad, I've heard people say that after taking the ported track off and switching for a different style that it hardly made a difference and some who say they are terrible. I would like to hear from those who have done the switch and maybe some who kept it on their sled and are still riding them. I have done very little mountain riding and am planning on doing more when this sled is finally back together so I'll be doing a lot of learning on it.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes they just trench

Way to hard of lug...

sent while I should be drinking tea's

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really depends on where you ride & what you ride on. In deep fluff the difference is big. On harder or wet snow - not much difference.

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
X3 try to find a 2012 or newer take off track. There are still quite a few out there and they are reasonably priced. I sold my 2013 flex edge take off for $500 this fall.

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
I agree with Tex. They are definately trenchers.
They are a fantastic track in the spring or on hero type snow.
Changing your primary spring so the sled engages at a lower rpm does help when your trying to get going in deeper snow.

kanders

Reaction score
$500 sounds like a reasonable price for that track, most I've seen are asking for $700, problem is that I have to buy 2.86 drivers to fit the Rev shaft as well. Adds another $250 to $400.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
$500 sounds like a reasonable price for that track, most I've seen are asking for $700, problem is that I have to buy 2.86 drivers to fit the Rev shaft as well. Adds another $250 to $400.
Good point. Rev and XP/XM have different pitch drivers. 2.52-2.86. The Challenger Lite is great for spring conditions but quite disappointing in the early season powder.

KevinA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just put a challenger lite on my rev yesterday... took her out for a rip and she grabbed hard. had a powder max before which was good but it decided to snap in half :( might be trying swanhills tomorrow will see how it does...

kanders

Reaction score
just put a challenger lite on my rev yesterday... took her out for a rip and she grabbed hard. had a powder max before which was good but it decided to snap in half :( might be trying swanhills tomorrow will see how it does...
What length of track is it, looking forward to hearing the difference between the two.

KevinA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What length of track is it, looking forward to hearing the difference between the two.

151. the wife put the kibosh on swanhills but we still rode around cross lake today (flat land tree ridding and wheelies lol) in between ice fishing. its hard to say the difference cause I just got it back from the dealership and the sled is twice the sled now. I bought it with probs so I never new it running top notch on the powder max.

Top Bottom