07 660 Griz with water in engine.

Little10

Reaction score
The last 2 times I've gone riding I've gotten into water/mud alittle over half way up my quad and ended up with water in the engine. I can't figure out where its getting in. Does anyone have any ideas?

dean_jimmy96

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hummm the intake for a 660 is under the seat, did you follow the intake to the carb checking for cracks or any places water could get in?

Little10

Reaction score
All the hoses look good but there are a few vent hoses just hanging by the engine. They look like they go to the carb but I'm getting water in the crank case. Both times water got in the case the engine died.

Little10

Reaction score
The dip stick and filter were tight. Could it be getting in through the exhaust when the engine dies in the water? It seems to be getting it when the engine dies. In 5-10 mins it got about 1/2 a liter of water in the crank case. The water was at the exhuast but under the breather intake.

dean_jimmy96

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya keep the quad running when going through deep water and you should be fine lol unless you snork the exaust and air box

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
The dip stick and filter were tight. Could it be getting in through the exhaust when the engine dies in the water? It seems to be getting it when the engine dies. In 5-10 mins it got about 1/2 a liter of water in the crank case. The water was at the exhuast but under the breather intake.

Yup keep her hammer down don't let it stall when in the water if you do get some backwash when you get it out and running stand it up on the tail and drain the water out of the exhuast cause it sits in there and takes forever to evaporate and it will keep running like crap till it does

Little10

Reaction score
Thanks for the help. I'm getting a snorkle asap, any suggestions?

Little10

Reaction score
I dicided to build my own like the SETX. I'm about half way through it and I think I might have bitten off more than I can chew.

Little10

Reaction score
That is what i thought it was the first time so put on a new hose and hose clamps.

Top Bottom