06 rmk 700

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wanting to know if the 06 RMK 700 sleds are any good? What sort of issues do these have , if any? Im looking at one, just want to know a bit more about them. This machine has 3000 miles on it, bone stock by the looks of it. Thanks in advance. :d

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I talked to the guy today about the sled. Always sounds good till you talk to people. LOL.

This is what he told me....

He bought the sled with the engine apart due to 1 side blown ( leaned out). He thought it would be cheaper to buy fixer-upper. He replaced the intake boots (due to cracks) cylinder, piston and ring on that side only. He fixed some cosmetic stuff, which is minor. He says the hood doesnt line up properly, like its pushed back about an inch on one side..... makes me beleive the sled hit something or was rolled. Hood isnt cracked though.

But the one thing that concerns me is he states that when he first starts the sled, a code flashes "SERUVE" or something like that, approx. 3 times, then goes away. WHAT DOES THAT MEAN???

Is this a sled I should stay away from?
Any help would be greatly appreciated, THANKS.. :d

Rob1334

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Probably just the service code that comes on saying it is time to have it serviced according to the hours programmed into the sled. Find out how many times it flashes, but usually if it goes back to the regular screen you are fine.

guidoxpress

Reaction score
my wife has this sled, i have an 05 AND an 06 900 (basically the same sled as the 06 700), they are heavy, have their issues of coarse, but with perfect gearing, clutching, some mods and maintenance...they are HUGE power sleds for their size...

there is ALOT to read about on these sleds in the snowest forum (under the 900 section)...its the same deal you went througn on your 900 in most cases...

if you decide to get it, make sure its a GREAT deal...if it were me..i wouldnt pay ANYTHING over $3500 MAX...and thats pushing it..i know plenty of them that sold for $2000-3500 and had mods on them

if you get it, i would be more then happy to help you get it dialed in...just drop me a PM ;)

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have a 05 900 and yep its on the heavy side but wow what a power house... no engine issues. had it at cycle works in fall and was fine. dont be scared by what you read. they are a good machine. i wish more of the good was written about rather than the bad engine problems.

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have a 05 900 and yep its on the heavy side but wow what a power house... no engine issues. had it at cycle works in fall and was fine. dont be scared by what you read. they are a good machine. i wish more of the good was written about rather than the bad engine problems.

Your right, I do worry about the "bad reputation" they have. I know my sled runs great, just don't want anything to go wrong with it, and it has sat since I got it. I never did any re-search on the 900's until AFTER I got it. But quite honestly, it's WAY to much sled for me for around my area. I will just keep advertising it for trade, until I get the sled I want. :d

Top Bottom