05 summit himark no running

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
Hope you got it for a really good price.

i was just about to say the same thing.. there is another one on kijiji with likely the same problem, guy is asking 2800, add a 4000 engine and you got a expensive old sled

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i paid substantially less 1500.00 so if i have to spend 3 i think i am still ok 4500 for a rev with new engine aint to bad.

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
i paid substantially less 1500.00 so if i have to spend 3 i think i am still ok 4500 for a rev with new engine aint to bad.

thats a perfect buy!!! i love hearing stories like thisk, earlier this year i bought an 04 rev 800 for about that..

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats a perfect buy!!! i love hearing stories like thisk, earlier this year i bought an 04 rev 800 for about that..

ya the wife just about crapped when i told her i need 3g for an engine. lol summer build maybe. wont get much ride time by the time i get it built anyways probably. but maybe i will still 3ft in the backyard:rolleyes::d

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
ya the wife just about crapped when i told her i need 3g for an engine. Lol summer build maybe. Wont get much ride time by the time i get it built anyways probably. But maybe i will still 3ft in the backyard:rolleyes::d

you need to check stateside for a factory engine...... Heard they're going for about $2000 down there

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would agree with this couldnt get one to start this year new battery and away it went.

I sure hope you wrote thaty before reading the entire post. Anyways decided on rebuild myself 9hris at parkland motorsports in Stony Plain, local guy gotta buy from him, is going to get me a crank and slugs be about 12+1500 and she will be like new. And lots of ride ti:dme left.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Post up pics of what you found and your build.......

Was the cylinder and dome grooved where the head o-ring was leaking??

will post some pics,
no the head looks good, going to put a straight edge on it to make sure, but the o ring was cut, kinda looked like it was just all done then they ran it and ended up full of coolant and the guy said fugg it. all the bolts had rub marks on the sides, kinda like just had came apart, as well as blue silocone sealing the bottom end, was all over even in the intake runners and reed petals, :eek: somebody like silicone. lol will show some pics once i get it split apart.

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
Ya Chris at Parkland is a good guy ....... I deal with him as well. Good luck on the build. :beer::d

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what a chitty day should go back to bed and try again lol
so fixen oil leaks on the forklift dropped a @@@####$$%%%$%&^!!!!!!!bolt inside the front cover have to take it apart to recover it
get my doo apart and found a bunch of crack... see pics now back to the planning board:confused: not sure where to go with this one now. short block is 4g from brp. waiting to hear from chris @ parkland on his price.

Attachments

• 1000 cases 001.jpg
    1000 cases 001.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 108
  • 1000 cases 002.jpg
    1000 cases 002.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 110
  • 1000 cases 006.jpg
    1000 cases 006.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 110
  • 1000 cases 004.jpg
    1000 cases 004.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 109

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
Call dave at A&E in Brooks. 403-362-6401. He has a 1000 engine out of a totalled sled. Been there a few years now. Probabaly swing a good deal. Low kms on sled also when it smoked a rock and tore off the one side.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Parkland motorsports is da chit, he hooked me up with a new crank and cases all parts for a complete shortblock pretty much but i have to put it together for under 2g sweeetttt.

so while i am waiting for parts i decided i should maybe do some cleaning start with important stuff first.

sorry pics are off the bb

Attachments

• p3.jpg
    p3.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 116
  • p4.jpg
    p4.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 120
  • polish.jpg
    polish.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 118
  • polish2.jpg
    polish2.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 119

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Parkland motorsports is da chit, he hooked me up with a new crank and cases all parts for a complete shortblock pretty much but i have to put it together for under 2g sweeetttt.

so while i am waiting for parts i decided i should maybe do some cleaning start with important stuff first.

sorry pics are off the bb

damn i look fat in that third pic must be the reflection and the contour of the pipe:rolleyes:

highmark x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When you get her running right it will put a big grin on your face. Get a set of vent kits to let the heat out of the engine and clutches.:beer::beer::d

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When you get her running right it will put a big grin on your face. Get a set of vent kits to let the heat out of the engine and clutches.:beer::beer::d

i was going to ask that too who makes a nice reasonably priced vent kit for these pics would be nice to,
as well it was the pto side rod went out, talked to another guy sounds like same thing on his unit, was this popular? could i drill the hole in the oil squirter hole a bit bigger while i got it out?

highmark x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got my vents at specialty sleds in edmonton, but they are pricey for what you get. Could almost make some 4 cheap i would think. Remount the low pressure fuel pump down by the battery since motor is out, and put in a 800 t-stat.:beer::beer::d

Top Bottom