05 summit 800 H.O

Polarisfreaks

Reaction score
Does anyone have an 05 summit 800 rotax H.O or know much about them. I'm looking at one that has a 151 track with 2 inch paddle. Just wondering what your opinions are on there motors

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have an '04 Summit 151" w/ the 800HO.

Mine is on it's second engine, owner before me had a factory short block installed in the machine and the top end done at the same time (to my knowledge). Recently It's been giving me grief but I won't comment on that till I know what's up.

First, do you know the history of the sled in question? Who owned it or how it was maintained? If you're looking at any sled it's a good idea to make sure you're not buying something that's been abused (I learned the hard way).

From the factory, they had crank issues but most have been repaired already (unless you find one that's super-low miles or the guy has been lucky) so I wouldn't let that scare you too much. The really bad years were the 07 for the cranks (06 being the best year for all the REV sleds). Since the guy before me had a short block done to this sled (he had the paperwork to prove it) so I didn't really worry about my crank, figure it has some life left in it.

The 800HO has good power. I'm a 6'3" 250lb gronk and I don't feel like it's underpowered for what I require it to do. Fuel and oil economy suck but that doesn't really surprise me. My oil has been dialed up as well, as it's cheaper to buy oil than an engine. Rule of thumb is two tanks of fuel to a tank of oil. Some guys swear by mixing their fuel 100:1 on top of the oil already being injected, just in case.

farmerboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had an 05 151 800ho and it was a fantastic sled. I did the rings at 2000k, they were starting to flake. I had to put a new oil pimp in at 3000k so while I had the engine out , I put in a set of SKX pistons and rings and had the bottom end checked. I put 5200 k on the sled before I sold it and was still going strong....hell of a sled.

Top Bottom