05 rmk throttle stuck

driftbuster705

Reaction score
I got an 05 rmk 900 and i just put a whole new bar set up on it this summer. Before i put the new bars on the sled it ran fine , no problems. I raised them 6in with 2in pivot and used the powermadd cable extender. I went to start it and the throttle was pinned wide open. thank god there was no belt on the sled or it would have went though the wall. I was wondering if any of you had the same probablem or have a remedy for it.. please resond ASAP thanks:)

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got an 05 rmk 900 and i just put a whole new bar set up on it this summer. Before i put the new bars on the sled it ran fine , no problems. I raised them 6in with 2in pivot and used the powermadd cable extender. I went to start it and the throttle was pinned wide open. thank god there was no belt on the sled or it would have went though the wall. I was wondering if any of you had the same probablem or have a remedy for it.. please resond ASAP thanks:)

your cable is too tight somewhere and its pulling tight or the powermadd riser is stuck. there should be a simple solution, double check the cable routing and make sure there are no tight spots. This wouldn't be the first time I heard of a powermadd extension sticking open if that's the problem though....

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
get a fat boy frenchy cable and get a longer one. the guy lives in calgary. it also gets rid of the seperate oil cable that is a big problem on the 900.......I loved mine! if you cant find him, just PM me and I will look!

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
your cable is too tight somewhere and its pulling tight or the powermadd riser is stuck. there should be a simple solution, double check the cable routing and make sure there are no tight spots. This wouldn't be the first time I heard of a powermadd extension sticking open if that's the problem though....
X2....heard bad things about the extensions, then saw the result....all bad. get longer cables made

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
FatBoyzFrenchy on snowest is the guy! it is the best cable money can buy and I think it was $80 ish. it is built the way polaris SHOULD Have built it! a Y-cable (oil cable and throttle cable in one)

davelaw1982

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got an 05 rmk 900 and i just put a whole new bar set up on it this summer. Before i put the new bars on the sled it ran fine , no problems. I raised them 6in with 2in pivot and used the powermadd cable extender. I went to start it and the throttle was pinned wide open. thank god there was no belt on the sled or it would have went though the wall. I was wondering if any of you had the same probablem or have a remedy for it.. please resond ASAP thanks:)[/QUOTE

i agree with this statement, after rebuilding a RMK 600 triple last year, pulled it out side of the shop it was in, lit it up, full throttle, would have went right through the brand new shop door it was in front of.... never will I have the belt on sled after modifications have been made....

wiffler79

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just get towed to the bottom, point up ,start it, hold on !!!and claim victory...lol:d

motomike450r

Reaction score
Ordered 2 powermadd extenders for my mm700 with seperate oil injector for a total of $60. nothing but problems on the install. We spent a fair amount of time trying to get it right. I am taking it to the local shop who ordered an extended double cable for $30. I am having them install because they will make sure carbs open and close correctly for a total of $50. so, for $80 total, I'm in. I think for the shop pro's the Powermadd extenders are a great solution, for the weekend mechanic-guy who will only work with these one time, it is not worth the learning curve. So,that being said, I have two Powermadd extenders for sale(cheap):d:d pm me if interested

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well i think the power madd works great so long as it's installed properly and routed smoothly with no sharp bends or kinks at junction box. what i can't figure out is all the people that do carb and throttle work and don't check throttle pull and or hang ups in carb slides or carb racks before they start the sleds.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well i think the power madd works great so long as it's installed properly and routed smoothly with no sharp bends or kinks at junction box. what i can't figure out is all the people that do carb and throttle work and don't check throttle pull and or hang ups in carb slides or carb racks before they start the sleds.

I agree here DD - Anytime you play with the carbs for any reason you should be doing a carb sync after to make sure they are pulling evenly, but I will say that I had a powermadd a few years ago and on a handlebar deep powder day it got snow down the cable and it collected in the powermadd extension and froze WFO on a downhill trail. I think they are easy enough to install, they just add connections and junctions to a throttle cable and creates more opportunities for binding and sticking where you want them the least.

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what a great guy modman.:d. And i can see that moisture build-up happening with deep snow, falling on warm engine thing. maybe that's what that little tube of lubricant is for.

Top Bottom