04 rmk 800 motor melt down!!

jay5525

Reaction score
Hey can any one give me some suggestions!! i bought a 04 rmk 800, drove it for a hour and melted in down!! Both pistons were melted, and the head was all pittid severly, one of the jugs was scratched all to crap, and on further inspection found hole blown through the crank case!! Now my question is it cheaper to buy a whole new engine! are should a person rebuild it!! and any suggestions where to get cheap parts are a whole new motor!! Oh ya why it melted down! found out the guy i bought it from had it jetted for the moutains!! any help please!!

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey can any one give me some suggestions!! i bought a 04 rmk 800, drove it for a hour and melted in down!! Both pistons were melted, and the head was all pittid severly, one of the jugs was scratched all to crap, and on further inspection found hole blown through the crank case!! Now my question is it cheaper to buy a whole new engine! are should a person rebuild it!! and any suggestions where to get cheap parts are a whole new motor!! Oh ya why it melted down! found out the guy i bought it from had it jetted for the moutains!! any help please!!

you would be better to part it out and buy my 215 HP triple......its set up for the hills.....but has a vari-flow and 3 EGT race pack to tune.......sorry about your bad luck!

Top Bottom