04 dodge problems

sledobsessed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey guys/gals im looking at an 04 dodge 1500 regular cab with 20" rims and nitto mud grapplers...i have heard dodges have transmission problems? how can you tell that it might have them eventually? are these good trucks?

joeboo73

Reaction score
The front ends are weak in those years ( tie rods / ball joints Suspension

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have an 05 hemi, wiht a sled deck and carrys two sleds all the time and i do not baby it..
its got a chip intake and a few other goodies. and air bages.

i just had to replace a wheel bearing on it at 150000km and i think ive done the breaks once.. im 23 and bag it, its never yet let me down. and supprizingly its not too bad on fuel really..

Oilboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there not a bad truck, the trannys were ok in the gas jobs it was the deisels that had the chitty tranny's. but if you want a quiet ride you will hate the mud grapplers, i just put them on my 08 F350 and it sounds like a cesna going down the highway

sledobsessed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes the grapplers are loud...took me for a ride...wow haha they howl...i wish i had some pictures...ill see if i can get the guy to send me some

sledobsessed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well this is the dodge i am getting

Attachments

• dodge 1.jpg
    dodge 1.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 35
  • dodge 4.jpg
    dodge 4.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 34
  • dodge 8.jpg
    dodge 8.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 35
  • dodge 6.jpg
    dodge 6.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 30

bigz64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats a street queen, it needs street tires not those mud tires. i have a chevy same style but an 07.
ur not going to like those headlights in the winter when there is more night than day. those aftermarket halos are good for looks but bad for light. ask and see if he still has the stock headlights

rmksledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
those halos are the worst, i would change those out, my buddy has them on his dodge and its very nerve racking going down the high way, with you doing alot of highway drving i would change them out, yes they look good cruisin around town but not much use

sledobsessed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
he is looking to change them out befor he sells it...either looking for better ones or something differant...those lights are the same as your friends haha

Top Bottom