Attachments

• 4x4 part 003.jpg
    4x4 part 003.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 72

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
I'll bite....the 4WD actuator?

YUP,Got no 4wd.Not spring loaded so I'm thinkin the little thingamajobby is supposed to turn both ways.Just turns one way now.Got power to two different terminals when the switch is in diff. position,so I'm thinkin something in the picture is broken...hope this is making sense...
Just wondering if anyone has any experience with these things.:beer::beer::d:beer::beer:

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
YUP,Got no 4wd.Not spring loaded so I'm thinkin the little thingamajobby is supposed to turn both ways.Just turns one way now.Got power to two different terminals when the switch is in diff. position,so I'm thinkin something in the picture is broken...hope this is making sense...
Just wondering if anyone has any experience with these things.:beer::beer::d:beer::beer:
never had mine apart before, but I think it's how they work. does that shaft with spring look as if it spins a small gear when you pulled it apart? pretty sure it pushes a pin back and forth locking the 2 shafts together. mine still works on my '04 400.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
never had mine apart before, but I think it's how they work. does that shaft with spring look as if it spins a small gear when you pulled it apart? pretty sure it pushes a pin back and forth locking the 2 shafts together. mine still works on my '04 400.

Thats not a spring,its a screw attached to a little wee electic motor.And yes it turns a gear which turns another gear which engages 4wd.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
apprears to be a sliding collar, slid forward and back by a fork. item #83 on the parts schematic. make sure you're sitting down when you check the price....ouch.

in the section called "front drive"

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
roger, I see that now. worm gear deal....

OUCH!Hope I'm missing something easy and don't have to buy one of those.Guess I could manually put it in 4x4 and leave it .Full time 4wd.

Thx for info teeroy

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OUCH!Hope I'm missing something easy and don't have to buy one of those.Guess I could manually put it in 4x4 and leave it .Full time 4wd.

Thx for info teeroy
warn makes a kit for the full time 4wd hondas called a 4-2-4 kit, it manually sldes a collar back and forth from the console by a cable. wonder if it can be rigged that way. might be able to rig some sort of plate where the actuator bolts on with an arm to pull back and forth. probably do it for less than $562USD too....lol.

Top Bottom