03 mountain cat 600 mods?

buckie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey guys and gals im lookin at a 03 600 mountain cat and just wonderin whats available as far as effective power mods are out there? obviously they arent monster mountain sleds but would it be a half decent sled if i did decide to ride the mountains now and then? keep in mind my last sled was a slightly modded heavy ass 96 zrt 600 141" so i would think it would be a bit of an upgrade am i wrong? what are your oppinions? thanks guys

rick

Turbo-North

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2004 1 M 600. Speedwerx head Team secondary and Thing can. Heads and secondary were a HUGE difference. I can run with an M7 till 55 mph then they start to pull away .Sure gives them a wake up call at first LOL.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good engine and yes you can make them run with the 7's and 8's up to about 100mph or so.

Pipe for sure. Try D&D. Check squish on the head. You could more than likely bring squish down a bit or buy aftermarket head. Watch plugs and wash, could probably lean it out a bit too. Most likely have to run premium with a pipe or head change.

What's the current clutch setup? If stock there is room for improvement.

I think you will enjoy the sled. If you plan on keeping it long term, definitley look into a forward moutn steering post. Really, really changes the handling of the sled....for the better of course. Wildchild from Showest has a good post as does CR Racing.

Top Bottom