01 rmk 800 new cr tunnel?

taggart

Reaction score
Hey guys, just wondering if anyone has put a CR tunnel on a 01 Polaris? I helping a friend with his. The tunnels on, but the new cooler tubes run right through where the trialing arm bolt would go onto the foot rests. Just wondering what is comonly done with this, should we modify the trailing arm mount or cut and repostion the tubes? I would hate to cut brand new polished tubes. Any pics would be sweet.

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i Have an 01 with a CR tunnel and this question confuses me cause the cooler lines pop out of the top of the tunnel. 1 is a 90 sideways and the other is straight towards the engine. This is a pic of a CR[/ATTACH] Cat 1M cooler but the poo one is built the same with the bend in a diff spot.

Attachments

• P211010_18.01.jpg
    P211010_18.01.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 248

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kinda sounds like a Van Amburg tunnel(perimeter cooling) built for a gear drive(need longer trailing arms)

taggart

Reaction score
It's perimeter cooling with the tubes up the running boards, the stock tunnel used a rear cooler with running board tubes, but the new CR tunnel has a U-cooler, with running board tubes. Sleds not here so I can't take any pics.

taggart

Reaction score
The cooler in the CR is a flat plate style cooler with the cross over at the back, not that it makes a difference, thanks for the pics anyway

taggart

Reaction score
Well my friend did, don't know what he said, I think my buddy was asking about buying some already modified foot rests. I think I'll give him a call and ask him what he does. If it was my sled I would just repostion the cooler tubes, would have to cut and rise the tips, no problem though I have a tig, but it's not my sled so we'll do it his way or what ever in the end that will work.

taggart

Reaction score
Well I think I know what happend, the tunnel we have is for outboard trailing arms, while the 01 gen II chassi has inboard trailing arms, we'll see tomorrow.

taggart

Reaction score
Should have posted these a while ago, sorry. sled's done now, just a little skid set up to do.

Attachments

• Picture 003.jpg
    Picture 003.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 176
  • Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 176

taggart

Reaction score
This sled is now for sale, lots done to it, this sled works wicked, check it out on kijiji calgary.

Top Bottom