01 polaris rmk 700 warning lights

powderpusher

Reaction score
i recently purchased a 01 rmk 700,i have only rode it twice and now on the dash there is a orange warning light lit up that says prem only does anyone know what this light means as i dont have the owners manual for sled

KDUBS77

Reaction score
i recently purchased a 01 rmk 700,i have only rode it twice and now on the dash there is a orange warning light lit up that says prem only does anyone know what this light means as i dont have the owners manual for sled

The ignition key gives you the option to select regular or prem. In the event that you had no other option and had to fill up with 87, you would just select regular.
If you select prem, it will display prem only on the dash. If ever you feel like you got bad gas, you can select regular. I believe it retards the ignition a little to resist hurting the engine.

powderpusher

Reaction score
Thanks for the info,do you know if running a straight pipe stinger on this sled will wreck the motor as it has one on it now ,i am just waiting to get the proper exhaust for it and would like to go out riding with some freinds today

KDUBS77

Reaction score
Thanks for the info,do you know if running a straight pipe stinger on this sled will wreck the motor as it has one on it now ,i am just waiting to get the proper exhaust for it and would like to go out riding with some freinds today

typically you'd have to go up one or two sizes in jetting for a stright pipe. Silencer cans you wouldn't have to change the jetting, usually too rich anyway (polaris).

powderpusher

Reaction score
thanks thats good to know ,im going to change the jets and put a few miles on it today,i was just itchin to ride it ,just bought it and it wasnt even broke in yet as it has only 400 original kms on it for a 01

KDUBS77

Reaction score
thanks thats good to know ,im going to change the jets and put a few miles on it today,i was just itchin to ride it ,just bought it and it wasnt even broke in yet as it has only 400 original kms on it for a 01

good luck with it. Just be sure you know were your stock jetting is at so you can use that as a baseline and go from there.:bluesbros:

Top Bottom