2014 summit 800 Etec

Goondocker97

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What changes do you think BRP should make to the new 2014 summits that will be coming out next fall? Well this is a thread all about that. Tell us at Snow and Mud what should be changed for 2014 or if the new 2013 rev xm is perfect!:cool:

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Changing the air intake so it doesnt bog in the deep,,, maybe a different grip/handlebar set up- they suck. And i wouldnt be suprised if they narrowed up the body and wide foothold area on running boards. They do this stuff and a doo could be in my garage.....maybe a small diet too

Goondocker97

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The only thing I did't like about the xm was that the gauges filled with snow after the first carve in some powder. but who is watching speed anyways??:p

Goondocker97

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Small diet and addition of a a few more ponies.

1200 turbo 4 stroke would be nice too
A oem turbo 4 stroke would be sick as long as it was pushing a little more than 160 like the arctic cat. skidoo c3 powersports and powder lites should team up and build a killer sled!

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
DIET!!! everyone complains how they would rather have durability over lightweight.... reality is if you going to hit something to the point of bending stuff, does it really matter how strong it is when its getting bent.

And a wider stance. I find them too narrow. But that is my opinin

Last edited:

dabensmiller

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They are pretty sick in my opinion, I have a '13 pro and XM. Predictable handling, super balanced chassis. The gauges do cover with snow easily and they could narrow it up a bit at the running boards but they have a pretty solid machine IMO.

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
DIET!!! everyone complains how they would rather have durability over lightweight.... reality is if you going to hit something to the point of bending stuff, does it really matter how strong it is when its getting bent.

And a wider stance. I find them too narrow. But that is my opinin

Love the fit and finish of the brp. But the front ends are way to weak for the weight. I havnt had any issues yet but my buddy is on his 3rd nun this season

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
an exhaust that doesn't require me to spend another $400 to lose 15 lbs and make it sound like like its not a hyundai pony!

and maybe a pullcord for the estart models.

small gripes I know but thats all I can see that it needs

etecheaven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
since I plan to buy one...... belt drive would be nice, a just a few light weight parts would be just perfect. If they could cut 15 lbs I would be super happy. A dream would be a 1000 etec. I would dive right in.....maybe.

Goondocker97

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
an exhaust that doesn't require me to spend another $400 to lose 15 lbs and make it sound like like its not a hyundai pony!

and maybe a pullcord for the estart models.

small gripes I know but thats all I can see that it needs
I dont like the fact that the etec can is as big as my suitcase i use to pack my gear in! And the fact that my sled sounds like a diesel volkswagon jeta!

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just keep refining it and making it better. No sense in trying to reinvent the wheel every few years and then having a product with multiple issues. 2014 will probably be a 2013 with BNG and fixes of the little things (fuel line return, hand warmers).

posnick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
rumor has it the will be releasing a new clutch next yr.....they are also working on a belt drive system but it may not show up till the following season.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maxwell how do you like your 2013 xm?

the sled is amazing. our group purchased 4 of them and havent missed a beat since we got them. i love every thing about it and for some reason the power seems to be up from last season. it could just be the suspension refinements putting the power to the ground better perhaps but it sure doesnt feel like it. the thing just keeps climbing. the new rounded sidepanels work wonders in the deep stuff. as i spend most of my time on my side LOL. the running boards are flawless i can hop side to side and not have to worry about losing my grip and embarassing myself!! heated glove box is great. i keep my gps,camera,radio in there and they work much better all warmed up. i reccomend the screen kit as there is almost no moisture in the glove box now that there isnt any steam coming off the pipe from fresh snow. T MOTION WORKS. i dont care who makes fun of it it flat out works. i can be on a 30 degree slope off camber and pull it over with ease. it has taken me a few rides to get used to how the t motion reacts though. for the first few rides it seems a bit unpredidcable and out of control. but once you learn it just takes much smaller inputs from other sleds you get used to it in a hurry and wont go back. i can huck it at some nasty rutted up lines and it bombs through them no problem. i can turn around on hardpack on one ski. its great. alot of this is attributed to the flex track aswell though. i installed a 3" track on an identical sled and gave it a whirl over the holidays and i will tell you honestly it doesnt handle anything like the stock sled. WAY WORSE. the flex track is very important to this package.

some changes i would like to see......

lose a couple pounds without losing any of the technology that comes with extra weight ( 16 x 2.5 track, etec, fit and finish) yes skidoo could build a cerial box toy sled like the rest but this sled is second to none as far as quality and fit and finish. i for one do not want to lighten the sled up and lose a bunch of features. i personally dont see where they can shed weight other than the airbox and muffler, possibly the headlight. but these are regulated by our government and i dont see them getting any smaller unfortunately. this may be totally false but i have heard that skidoo is many years ahead of there emmisions standards with the etec package and the other manufactureres are just scraping by. again just what ive heard.

i do not want to see a belt drive. ive never had a problem with chains, i like being able to change my gears, and i dont want another thing to worry about. in order to make that belt system work its going to be just as heavy as a chain and gear setup. there have been one to many failures on the aftermarket and stock belt drive systems for my liking.

some seem to think there are clutch and clutching issues. i just dont see it. or have it. guess we got 4 good ones! there are alot of tra haters but if you just stop messing with your stock parts the tra works wonders in factory form

ive been thinking hard and trying to come up with items i would like to see changed but its very hard. this sled is very close to my ideal machine for my style of riding. yes there are lots of folks that want 200+ hp. while it may be nice 160 does me just fine riding 70 days a year but then again i dont climb hills.

maybe factory ice scratchers so i litterally have to do NOTHING to my new sleds LOL

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 2013.5's are already on the snow.

The six arm clutch is not going on the Etec.

The BD is being tested. Looks alot like C3's.

It is lighter, not as light as a Pro, but lighter. approx 20 lbs.

In 45 days it will all be clear.

Top Bottom