2015 ski-doo lineup preview.........

Rjjtcross8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think anyone could expect too many changes from any manufacturer in 2015. It seems like most comapines are investing more heavily in there side by side programs then on there sled programs as of late.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think anyone could expect too many changes from any manufacturer in 2015. It seems like most comapines are investing more heavily in there side by side programs then on there sled programs as of late.
I wouldn't say that, I'll guarantee they all have some cool stuff in the wings ready to go. when a competitor comes out with something that's really innovative is when they will bring it out to keep customers from jumping ship. all we'll see this year is BNG, weight loss, and a 3" option....unless someone drops a late spring bombshell

Rjjtcross8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I certainly agree with what your saying. I just used the side by side example because one guy will release say a 900 then then other guy answers back with a 1000 just few months later, seems really competitive. I predict that ski-doo will continue with refinements on there xm's. can't wait till they release regardless of what changes they make, I would love to pick one up!

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I must not be riding deep enough snow cause even though I have a 3" sitting in the shop at home the thing works so good I am losing interest in putting it on.

Put it on! Its not really all about the deep, theyre great there but they really shine in the steep for what i see....soo forgiving being able to back out and get back on er. Where i gotta turn out lots these boys can keep haulin.
No way id leave that beaut sittin in the garage

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Being a cat guy at heart the new xm rocks. Cats have power and doo's had the foot print. Big tracks and superb handling. Even though I've had lots of issues with mine.... Doo all day. Can't see how it could better unless it had 30 hp more and huge warranty. Doo against any brand stock kicks ass.

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I certainly agree with what your saying. I just used the side by side example because one guy will release say a 900 then then other guy answers back with a 1000 just few months later, seems really competitive. I predict that ski-doo will continue with refinements on there xm's. can't wait till they release regardless of what changes they make, I would love to pick one up!

With the popularity of side by sidez it would not surprise me to see someone come back out with a lower priced elite style machine again. Newer elites hold value very well.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They can't put a track that big on a stock 800.... can they?

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
6yqegyma.jpg

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They can't put a track that big on a stock 800.... can they?
I went from 137 1.5 rip saw geared 20--45. To 146 2.25 geared 19-47 and now I'm running 163 2.25 geared 19-49 and that little 600 SDI spins the bigger track no problem .A 800 Will spin a 174 no problem set up correctly .Thanks Trygstad for the extra hp.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Someone told me it has to be a 174 and not a 172 because of the drivers/economy of production. When I jumped to the 163, I said, "I'd never go back to shorter"! If there is a 174 it will be a huge hit with the mountain/tree riders.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They stopped making the old tundras 9 years ago, however i think they made a half decent one for 2 more years after that. Those things where unbelievable, no wonder all the foresters used them.

Last edited:

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They stopped making the old tundras 9 years ago, however i think they made a half decent one for 2 more years after that. Those things where unbelievable, no wonder all the foresters used them.

qydemyme.jpg

Dunno... I googled every year, an every year there is a Tundra... If you mean the Freestyle 300, its discontinued, I have kids that could use one...

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can see the old tundras on the backs of all the forestry trucks, they are all beat up and wired together. They still try there best to keep them running. But if you have never experience what i am talking about. Like having a sled come up beside you because your stuck and just drive away like there is no powder at all.

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Someone told me it has to be a 174 and not a 172 because of the drivers/economy of production. When I jumped to the 163, I said, "I'd never go back to shorter"! If there is a 174 it will be a huge hit with the mountain/tree riders.

Current 174s are all a 3" pitch track. 2.86s will fit but not exact.

Calculate a quick % of change between 146-154 & 154-163 and youll find the same step up from a 163 is a 172

Vidgren

Reaction score
The summit x 800 is Orange. Bright Orange. The Freeride has got more green to it.

Remember where you heard it first

Top Bottom