2012 Polaris Pro Det 7 code

maddog

Reaction score
Having issues with my sled. The passed couple times out it has been causing issues and the DET 7 code has been flashing.
My shop has been telling me that it is a fuel problem or the after market can. I only run premium fuel and the chip is in the correct position.
So it comes back to the can. Has anyone out there had the same problem. How was the problem fixed. I don't really want to go back to the stock can.

Johnnytuf

Reaction score
Having issues with my sled. The passed couple times out it has been causing issues and the DET 7 code has been flashing.
My shop has been telling me that it is a fuel problem or the after market can. I only run premium fuel and the chip is in the correct position.
So it comes back to the can. Has anyone out there had the same problem. How was the problem fixed. I don't really want to go back to the stock can.

It is NOT the can, I have a 2010 pro R 600 and mine is doing the same, i just had exhaust valves cleaned, and put new plugs in it and it seems to be ok. the code refer's to ethanol in the fuel. make sure you are running the right resistor as well.

and go find a new dealer!! good luck.

Drty Ernie

Reaction score
We just went through what sounds like the same problem with my friends 2012 Pro. What we found out is that the sled is actually detonating and his was detonating so bad it would sometimes send the sled into limp mode and cut the engine back to 5000rpm. The problem came down to being a poor connection between the injectors and wiring harness. Our local dealer worked closely with the Polaris Pros and was told to check the connection, as it turns out there is a sealant/gel in the connector that makes for a bad connection and causes weak voltage to the injector solenoid thus causing a lean issue causing the DET to flash. Hope this helps.

mcrawly

Reaction score
I'm also having Det problems on my 2012 600 RMK. Operating 91 octane with the 10% resistor setting. Going to try and change the fuel filter and will take your advice and check the connections on the harness.

Just changed the fuel filter, cleaned the power valves and checked harness. Still going into det mode!!

any ideas?

Last edited:
Top Bottom