What tires to run in the winter???

Elenor84

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a 2008 ford F-350 with a STF sled deck. I'm looking at getting new tires for the winter. I want some great tires for in deep snow. I find the parking lots get pritty hairy during the season and what the best possible tire to make it in and out.

What is everyone else running on there trucks with sled decks?

Thanks for any advice!

08summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run Toyo open country WLT1... Winter tire with awesome traction and they are 10 ply so no worries about loading up the sled deck.

Shitfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been running Goodyear duratracks for a few years now on my F250 very impressed with them, great on highway/ice and perform great in snow, other set seem to be holding up nice on the f150 which is on 80% gravel..I think fountain tire has a 4 for3 sale on now btw

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run BFG AT for years.....brand new last month....but I wait till the first snow fall and get them siped.....they also last longer in the summer do to better cooling..........oh and they are load E for the sleds on the back and they have the snow flake symbol.......got chains but have NEVER needed them.....barely use the 4X4!

last winter my BFG AT only had 5/32-6/32 left and ran them all winter with new sipes......had zero issues oh and Im out when the roads are closed all the time!

Last edited:

08summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Very similiar...almost look the same in the pics. Very impressed with the traction of mine...I ran all seasons for yrs and no comparison to the snow tire for traction.

jetcheker

Reaction score
Ran the Toyo Open Country WLT 1 for 1 season, they were awesome on ice, but didnt clear fast enough in slush and wet snow, swapped them out to Good Year Duratracs with the recommendations from this forum, amazed at the difference with traction in snow, ice and with less highway noise. They were cheaper as well, jmo, good luck

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am running the Nokians from Kal tire on my 3/4 ton and I am pretty happy with them. Good in the mud on rain as well.

Elenor84

Reaction score
Went to check out a set of Wrangler Duratrac's...Ofcourse, completely sold out on backorder...can't seem to win...

van isle

Reaction score
I have to agree the Goodyear Duratracs are by far the best tires I have ever had in the winter. Last year i switched from Cooper ST with studs to a set of nonstuded Duratracs mid way through the winter the traction difference was amazing. If you can't find any localy you can always order online. these guys ship to Canada with all taxes and duties included.

This company is in Canada and also sells Duratracs. Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac Tires - Tire Size & Price Details - 1010tires.com

Pecos

Reaction score
Throw on a set of Firestone Winterforce and stud them. Done......best bang for your buck if they make them in your size.

dodgeguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not a fan of Kal Tire, but....Factory Studded Nokians, put 4 on a Dakota R/T and went everywhere the big 4X4's did....Never got stuck!

cheddar37

Reaction score
i work at kal so if u decide on nokians or BFG shoot me a PM and i'll help ya out. studded haks r definitely amazing though. I also ran BFG's on multiple vehicles there a wicked year round tire

Last edited:

Elenor84

Reaction score
I want to thank everybody for the responces! It really helped making the decision....and as you can see, I went with the duratrac's. These tires look mean....I can't wait for it to snow!

P.S. I had to have these brought in from a few different locations in canada. Sounds like back orders are running into January.

Attachments

• Duratrac2.jpg
    Duratrac2.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 252
  • Duratrac.jpg
    Duratrac.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 252
Last edited:

Elenor84

Reaction score
"Quote"Give Todd at Wheels Plus a call, 780.435.0404 "

Thanks for the tip, called him, but they were unable to bring any in.

Last edited:
Top Bottom