Winter Riding

toyz

Reaction score
Studded tire are okay if the snow is not deep. I have made a set of snowmobile tracks and skis for my 2 wheeler. I can travel in the deep powder with this no problem.

psullivan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
trax are cool if your plowing in powder. stud your tires and you can rip on roads, lakes, trails. you will hook up better with studs than you do on dirt. :snowball:

Big Jon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lincoln Hall hosts a Snow Rally each winter. There's usually enough snow for sleds and not too much for quads or SXS's. A good 75km loop ensures you don't run out of gas before getting back, but your still hungry for the meal!

Rockwerx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Studded tire are okay if the snow is not deep. I have made a set of snowmobile tracks and skis for my 2 wheeler. I can travel in the deep powder with this no problem.

Please post some pics of your creation. Sounds like fun!

My brother put some chains on of his 2wd 2stroke Trail Boss quad. He bought them to use his quad to plow snow. It worked very well for just a 2wd machine. One day we tried it out in the snowy fields. We were amazed at where the machine would go with the little v-bar chains! Nice realitively cheap mod that makes a big difference in traction.

Some of my buddies with 4x4 quads have chains for them...they put them on during hunting season to to help get their game back to camp. Works great on icey trails.

lbartels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With out reading the entire thread. Does anyone have an opinion on Maxis RAZR blades (or any paddles) in the snow? Soft stuff or hard packed? I never got the chance to hit a big area with quality sand where I wasn't paranoid of opening up an over priced 2ply tire.

drewski

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With out reading the entire thread. Does anyone have an opinion on Maxis RAZR blades (or any paddles) in the snow? Soft stuff or hard packed? I never got the chance to hit a big area with quality sand where I wasn't paranoid of opening up an over priced 2ply tire.

I don't think paddles work as good as some ASSUME. I've watched vids of sport quad with paddles and they don't work that well. As far as I'm concerned no tire will work well if you don't have the clearance. If I was going to purchase a good tire for the winter, they would have to be the pro wedge II or the 4 snows. The pro wedges have the slight advantage though.

Stillrockingabanshee

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think paddles work as good as some ASSUME. I've watched vids of sport quad with paddles and they don't work that well. As far as I'm concerned no tire will work well if you don't have the clearance. If I was going to purchase a good tire for the winter, they would have to be the pro wedge II or the 4 snows. The pro wedges have the slight advantage though.

to be honest, i tried out my rear haulers 2 days ago in the snow, and ill tell you that they work amazing through the snow. I went through some deep snow, and a bit of throttle and it was scopping up the snow and throwing it everywhere with the paddles, its like a 4x4. They seem to work very well for me

drewski

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
to be honest, i tried out my rear haulers 2 days ago in the snow, and ill tell you that they work amazing through the snow. I went through some deep snow, and a bit of throttle and it was scopping up the snow and throwing it everywhere with the paddles, its like a 4x4. They seem to work very well for me

I hope you re-jetted your carbs for the colder weather. 1 size/10 degree difference. Hate to see you blue those pipes again is all!!!!!or melt some pistons!!!!

psullivan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
here are the studded tires.

Attachments

• studs1.jpg
    studs1.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 168
  • studs2.jpg
    studs2.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 162
  • studs3.jpg
    studs3.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 161

z400

Reaction score
paddles will work good untill a certain point then u will want to more or less stay on top of the snow. i ran bear claws and they were amazing i could out climb any 4x4 any any hill unless the snow got to deep but now well see how the 700xx does i think it will be amazing other than the stock tires.

Jimbow007

Reaction score
The Kid and I, will be out on the Blindman River and Sylvan Lake as much as possible this winter. Hopefully they are frozen up good by the 17th. 2 weeks of holidays and riding :d

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Kid and I, will be out on the Blindman River and Sylvan Lake as much as possible this winter. Hopefully they are frozen up good by the 17th. 2 weeks of holidays and riding :d

watch out on the blindman for the jackazz's that ride on the wrong side of the river :nono:
almost got hit by three different groups last weekend that were on the wrong side of the river
i

Top Bottom