Why Spectro Oil

powderpilot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is what my pistons look like after 3000 miles and between 6#'s and 9#'s boost. I have run only Spectro Syn-Sno oil since day one.

IMG_4379.JPG IMG_4378.jpg IMG_4380.JPG

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

MrHankey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hmm im making the switch back, I ran Spectro in my M7 sold with 1600 miles no issues ,bought a used m1000 with 1200 miles and have been using shell advance.smoked a crank rebuilt with new pistons then smoked a piston and cylinder ,could this be oil related I'm not sure but I'm going back to Spectro

retiredpop

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hmm im making the switch back, I ran Spectro in my M7 sold with 1600 miles no issues ,bought a used m1000 with 1200 miles and have been using shell advance.smoked a crank rebuilt with new pistons then smoked a piston and cylinder ,could this be oil related I'm not sure but I'm going back to Spectro

Well I put on 12000 miles on a couple of sleds using Shell Advance so I doubt it was your problem. I have no doubt Spectro is good oil and would try it but no dealers around Calgary.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There difference between shell advance and shell ultra. Containers look similar though

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I picked some up for this season. Those pistons look pretty darn good. Definitely happy with my purchase now.

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I put on 12000 miles on a couple of sleds using Shell Advance so I doubt it was your problem. I have no doubt Spectro is good oil and would try it but no dealers around Calgary.

powderpilot speaks the truth. I can get you Spectro to buy. I am currently out of it at the moment but could get you a case if you'd like. Please let me know! I might not be able to get you any until the new year however as I am out of town almost from tomorrow till the 2nd sledding.

jpgmtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.payntonperformance.com

Call Al over at ForTec Automotive, they carry Spectro oil now for Drayton Valley

Those are good looking pistons, especially for boost! A problem us N/A boys sometimes have is snow/water wash on the intake side from snow in the airbox. Turbo's can get around that a bit by atomizing the water into vapor so it doesn't wash lube off the intake side.

Last edited:

Harp

Reaction score
Thanks for posting the pics Amy! I hope your happy with the results.

Last edited:

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I don't have pictures but 2200 kms on the 2012 E-tec and all was great. I have run Spectro since the getgo with my 2013 E-tec and there are 700 kms on it and all is well.

Great oil, IMHO

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got 10 cases in my garage now for sale. $160 a case so please PM me if you are interested. This product is great!!!

~Krista~

Top Bottom