Who messes with RC Helicopters here?

BeachSled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stayed up late to switch from day shift to night shift. Found something to keep me busy though. 😉

Just a couple little add ons!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405654619.038497.jpg

BeachSled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Im having way to much fun with this new quad and not flying a couple of my other helis. Im also looking to fund a live video transmitter setup for this quad so some stuff has to go. (Thinking I might take it with us to the hills to get some ridding video:D)

Here are my two Kijiji ads, I will lower my price for S&M buddies if you are interested.

Blade MCPX BL - Bind and Fly Heli

** New price **

Thanks guys.

Last edited:

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I took the 200 up nice and high...with shaking hands, my right index felt the sharp edges of the switch on my DX6i that would take the little machine into Expert mode and perhaps a gravity induced termination of epic proportions.

Full left cyclic and WHAAA-HOOO!! A barrel roll and back to level. &^%$^%$ holy chit, where's the switch for intermediate? Ah! Got it - *click* <breathe> I go for another dose of altitude and try again the opposite way - I hear the main blades tear into the blue sky - Freeeaaaaaaap! - and the tail motor shriek as it keeps the 200 on course in the roll. *click* back to intermediate again and fly it home for a landing.

Change packs and this time tried a loop - a little out of round but not bad.

Land, change underwear and battery and up she went again.

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I took the 200 up nice and high...with shaking hands, my right index felt the sharp edges of the switch on my DX6i that would take the little machine into Expert mode and perhaps a gravity induced termination of epic proportions.

Full left cyclic and WHAAA-HOOO!! A barrel roll and back to level. &^%$^%$ holy chit, where's the switch for intermediate? Ah! Got it - *click* <breathe> I go for another dose of altitude and try again the opposite way - I hear the main blades tear into the blue sky - Freeeaaaaaaap! - and the tail motor shriek as it keeps the 200 on course in the roll. *click* back to intermediate again and fly it home for a landing.

Change packs and this time tried a loop - a little out of round but not bad.

Land, change underwear and battery and up she went again.

thats awesome man! How are you liking the 200?

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm really digging it Braddock! My only gripe is that spare parts are hard to get a hold of, like main gears. This seems to be catching up though as of late. It flies really well, with lots of forgiveness for a relatively novice pilot like me in the beginner and intermediate modes.

I have not had any technical issues with it other than getting it to play nice with the DX6i, but there's lots of online help out there thank goodness.

i will post a couple pics tomorrow.

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like that! Looks good!

The 200 seems like a cool bird, and seems to give you the ability to get into some light acro without learning CP.

Running the nano today getting ready for beachsled's old 300X to show up! Giggidy.

All was going super well and flying was going super well, till I lost sight of this little thing from 100meters out. It was either get stuck in a huge tree or hit the TH and come back to earth and the grass. It's so small and hard to see which way your facing etc. Tail boom didn't fair so well. Nano grounded waiting for parts now lol!

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407012331.313793.jpg
Just got the 300x from Beachsled. This thing is mint and I now have enough parts to survive at least a couple nasty crashes. Finger crossed that won't happen. Going to take it out this week. Probably bring a couple Huggies with me too. This thing is not a toy like my nano!

BeachSled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Remember Throttle hold is your friend, it will do less damage hitting throttle hold and crashing then it will driving it into the ground in idle up. If it hits you, you will need stitches. Have a preflight beer and fly in low rates. Good luck buddy.

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Remember Throttle hold is your friend, it will do less damage hitting throttle hold and crashing then it will driving it into the ground in idle up. If it hits you, you will need stitches. Have a preflight beer and fly in low rates. Good luck buddy.

Agreed, learned that quick on the Nano, and definately saved some $.

Yes, I've been reading up on docile 300x settings for the dx6i adding in expo and playing with dual rates to get it to be not as sensitive to start. I can handle the nano's twitchiness so it should be okay, but I REALLY don't want to smash this one up!

I'll get the maiden flight recorded for your amusement.

BeachSled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My mcpx bl is like an angry wasp so I know what you mean about the nano. You will be able to make the 300x slow and lazy off the start so it doesn't attack you. Lol

I am not sure if I circled it in the manual or not, but I set up the ar7200bx in normal mode so it reacts slower to start with. There is 4 modes I believe. Radio, normal, sport, and advanced. ? I know it is in the lowest one for you.

Also as a reminder, if you ever use the usb cable to update the ar7200bx keep in mind that you will need to reprogram all your setting in all those menus. It is not stated anywhere in the documentation that everything is wiped out when a firmware update is performed. I learnt the hard way! (It didn't result in a crash, but it was a Holy $hit WTF moment) It was updated and everything setup for you before it left here. Zero pitch and positive/negative pitch are dead on!

Have fun buddy

Last edited:

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
I forget what's it's called but theres a little collar on the main shaft with a little set screw in it, make sure it's tight with loctite. They come loose on the 300. The shaft moves up slightly and you lose tail rotor and they drop like a lead balloon... Haha. That's bit me twice on the 300. The first time it happened I was 150 feet high and it went down on a basketball court. That's how I ended up with a parts machine. Lol. I wasn't sure what happened at the time. I knew I had lost the tail rotor but it was hard to tell from the wreckage. On the second heli, I lost tail and was able to get it to the ground with out much carnage and discovered the loose collar.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't have one but is on my list. Some guy camped near us has a drone. I think that's what it is. Flying it at night it's all lite up with led lights.

Looks cool.

BeachSled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Every screw, nut & bolt on any of mine get blue loctite for this reason. 10 cents in loctite and a few extra minutes can save you a pile of grief.

Sucks to hear about your crashes because of this.

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pistonbroke;1963691[B said:
]Thanks goes to Beachsled for a great transaction and condition [/B]of the DX6i! I picked up a 200SRX on the weekend - and it is interesting for sure. WAY faster than a 120, much faster head speed with quite a bit of inertia to it. 10-11 min flight times from the stock 800mAh pack. There's not a lot of extra lift it seems - if you are dropping in for a landing you have to lay in a ton of throttle well before you get close to the ground, or it will come in kinda hard.

I would like more power, other than that it is a very smooth and easy heli to fly. My experience is only 120SR and a MQX so take it for what it is. :) Anyone know where to get parts and extra battery packs for this puppy?

I second that!

After working nights all weekend, he marches right down to the post office and send me, a guy he has never met, a huge box with a mint heli, and a TON of brand new parts, manuals, you name it for a smoking price! Another top shelf S&M guy. Thanks again Beach.

Last edited:

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My mcpx bl is like an angry wasp so I know what you mean about the nano. You will be able to make the 300x slow and lazy off the start so it doesn't attack you. Lol

I am not sure if I circled it in the manual or not, but I set up the ar7200bx in normal mode so it reacts slower to start with. There is 4 modes I believe. Radio, normal, sport, and advanced. ? I know it is in the lowest one for you.

Also as a reminder, if you ever use the usb cable to update the ar7200bx keep in mind that you will need to reprogram all your setting in all those menus. It is not stated anywhere in the documentation that everything is wiped out when a firmware update is performed. I learnt the hard way! (It didn't result in a crash, but it was a Holy $hit WTF moment) It was updated and everything setup for you before it left here. Zero pitch and positive/negative pitch are dead on!

Have fun buddy

Thanks for the info, good stuff to know. I definately feel like I just jumped up to the majors with this thing. There is a lot more than meets the eye with these hobby grade ones.

Top Bottom