Whitecourt to Swan Hills March 1st

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was looking at Whitecourts 7 day forecast. Not much new for snow. WEATHER TEMPS ARE TO BE COLDER THEN I HAD FIRST READ. DATE CHANGED TO MARCH 8TH, 2014.

I got thinking with the triangle groomed from Swan Hills to Whitecourt (for Monday's Cancer Ride). It still may be in decent shape for the 1st. And could attempt to make Swan Hills from Whitecourt. (longest leg of the triangle). I'm thinking if we averaged 80kms and just rode without playing or getting side tracked. We should be able to complete it. Whitecourt to Swan Hills and back to Whitecourt in roughly 8-9 hours. (I've done Whitecourt to Fox Creek, that is the shortest leg, and it was 8hrs round trip). Whitecourt to Swan Hills is the longest leg.

Pack gas.
I'd like to be staged and ready to ride for 8am.

I will be coming from the Gibbons area with a 4place enclosed,
So room for 3 more if guys want to split gas?

Up for the challenge?

Let me know,

-Ryan

Last edited:

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was looking at Whitecourts 7 day forecast. Not much new for snow. But -9 for Saturday March 1st (of course that could change in a hurry).

I got thinking with the triangle groomed from Swan Hills to Whitecourt (for Monday's Cancer Ride). It still may be in decent shape for the 1st. And could attempt to make Swan Hills from Whitecourt. (longest leg of the triangle). I'm thinking if we averaged 80kms and just rode without playing or getting side tracked. We should be able to complete it. Whitecourt to Swan Hills and back to Whitecourt in roughly 8-9 hours. (I've done Whitecourt to Fox Creek, that is the shortest leg, and it was 8hrs round trip). Whitecourt to Swan Hills is the longest leg.

Pack gas.
I'd like to be staged and ready to ride for 8am.

I will be coming from the Gibbons area with a 4place enclosed,
So room for 3 more if guys want to split gas?

Up for the challenge?

Let me know,

-Ryan
2 years ago a group did the whole triangle in just over 10 hours. Whole thing was groomed.

• Thanks
Reactions: RXN

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: Whitecourt to Swan Hills March 8th

Whitecourt to Swan Hills and back to Whitecourt – Saturday March 8, 2014
A group of Edmonton area guys are looking at riding from Whitecourt to Swan Hills and back to Whitecourt on Saturday March 1, 2014
It will probably be a 8-10 hour ride depending on stops and playing around
We can ride through town to the gas station to refuel at the Husky or Esso, then back on the trails to Whitecourt

The trails from Swan Hills to Whitecourt was groomed this week in preparation for the LADYS RIDE FOR CANCER on Monday February 24
SO trail should be flat as a pancake on Saturday

If you change your clutch setting down for trail riding should be able to just cruise at higher speed
But if everyone packs gas then should be enough fuel.

Date: Saturday March 8, 2014
Time: 8:00am ready to ride by 8:30am
Projected temp: -4 warming to +5 some snow.

THE RXN TRAILER IS PLANNING ON LEAVING THE HIGHWAY 43 ESSO AT 6AM. IF YOUR PLANNING ON FOLLOWING. I DO HAVE ROOM FOR 3 MORE IF PEOPLE WANT TO SPLIT GAS.

Driving Meeting Places:
5:30am – Petro-Canada/A&W hi-way 16 & hi-way 60 at the Acheson turn off
5:30am – Gibbons - ______ Location
6:15am - Gunn Esso on hi-way 43
7:30am – Whitecourt Shell Station– Right side headed north on hi-way 43 in town at 3760 Kepler St, (780) 706-2019
8:00am – Whitecourt – Eagles Staging Area –
TO:
Gibbons to Gunn Esso– 60min 90km
or Acheson Petro-Canada/A&W to Gunn Esso – 35min 60km //
Gunn Esso to Whitecourt Shell – 60 min 100km//
Whitecourt shell to Eagle - 15min 25km
Eagle to Whitecourt shell- 15min 25km //
Whitecourt shell to Gunn Esso – 60 min 100km //
Gunn Esso to Gibbons – 60min 90km
or Gunn Esso to Acheson Petro-Canada/A&W – 35min 60km

Can get lunch at the Gas Stations in Swan Hills if you want or bring a lunch/snacks

This is an ASA Trail so you either need an ASA Season Sticker or $20.00 for a day pass at Whitecourt Shell
To ride with us you need Insurance, registration and a helmet

I (Ryan) have a 4 place trailer with 3 empty spots coming out of Gibbons if anyone wants a ride to Whitecourt and back and will share the gas costs call me.

Ryan Rexin
58rocket88@gmail.com
(780) 993-3119 (CALL OR TEXT)
Gibbons

Top Bottom