what sled should i buy

powder junkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they ALL have there flaws. i always believe in polais tho. it comes down to u and which looks better, which feels better, best price and most of all..dealer service. they all have there ups and downs. ur gonna get ppl on here bashn all brands all day.

khaos_

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Polaris is always your best bet. The problems are ironed out for 2010. My 09 Assault has 1500 miles on it and is running great. The original pistons still looked like new when they were replaced. Careful break in, good warm-up and excellent dealer support from Quadra Truck in Ft. Mac. They sold 76 800's and 4 failed. They reflashed my ECU and changed my clutch weights when I purchased the sled. I have had 0 problems.

Whatever, just keep telling yourself that....JK.

albertabrute

Reaction score
thanks guy i'm going this weekend to look at the m8 and the summit 800 and i will see if i can test ride them:rolleyes: and then i will get back to you on them

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What's an em8, is that something cat just came out with. If they are so good, find me a brand new 08 m8. Bet you could in 5 minutes. Find me a brand new 08 Summit. Not a chance. And they put out way more sleds. Don't get me wrong. I do like Cat. But I prefer doo.

prob true about finding those sleds new buuuut ya gotta remember the 08 summit was the first year for the xp so most were bought up, the m series had been out for a couple years so the wow factor had died down,,,now compare that to wen cat comes out with an all new sled and a couple years down the rode the doo is still an xp the roles will be probably be reversed,,,if that made any sense at all lol

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
prob true about finding those sleds new buuuut ya gotta remember the 08 summit was the first year for the xp so most were bought up, the m series had been out for a couple years so the wow factor had died down,,,now compare that to wen cat comes out with an all new sled and a couple years down the rode the doo is still an xp the roles will be probably be reversed,,,if that made any sense at all lol

it did except doo is due for a new chassis right away they wont let the other manufactueres get ahead of them haha.

steel town

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Time for a dealer to jump in, all brands are good, it's kinda like some guys like blonds, some guys like red heads etc.
As for ski doo, the 2010 summits are much, much better than the previous 2 years, my 2010 already has 600 miles and I have put gas in one hole and oil in the other, the rear suspension is waaaaayyyy better that the 09 and 08's and the stock clucthing just fine for an intermediate or below level rider, I do have a DJ clutch kit on mine and it's even better.
Best deal I have for you is a 2010 summit everest 154 with e/s, do not even think the extra weight makes any difference, electric start rules...
pm me for pricing if you have not bought a sled yet, as I dont want to start a pissing contest between dealers...
Lucas
Bow cycle south
calgary
We are also doing a ride in the crowsnest pass with the calgary snowmobile club at the inn on the border on Saturday , we will be there at 8 in the morning... show up and you can try my sled. I have a154 x, but I will tell you theat the savings you get buying a mid season everest will let you build a better sled. Pricing differece now is like $ 1500, so you could almost get a set of exit shocks, exhaust can, skid plate, and gas can and quick clickers for that....

assaultn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow!!! All you brand pushers drive me freekn crazy! All machines have good and bad points, granted some of thr late model sleds have had issues durring the first couple years of production(xp belts, dragon motors) but if you are buying a 2010 from what I have seen this year all the manufactures seem to have gotten the bugs out. It will all come down to wich unit fits you, plain and simple. I rode Doo for years, Cat came out with the M so I rode that for a while until I sat on a dragon! I buy a machine every two years and it doesnt matter what the last was. Most dealersips have demo units and even a boot in the flatland field will give you a pretty good idea and if a dealer wont let you demo a unit they dont deserve your bussiness! Not tryin to be a downer, just tryin to make sure you dont get swayed into buyin a particular sled by brand pushers. Good luck with the new toy CHEERS

dirtball08

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What I would do is, test ride them all. Pick the sled that feels the most comfortable to ride. Next, try to find a dealer who's going to stand behind you after you've bought. To do this, listen to the peeps. Everybody has their favorite place to deal, but you'll find some dealers are better than others. I've owned both Polaris and Skidoo. I prefer the the Doo, but that's just me. Rode all the style sleds (Doo,Poo, Cat, and Yammy), still the like the Doo. Get whatever fits you.:beer::beer::beer:

Top Bottom