What do you think of Arctic Cat's new numbering system

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No like summit, dragon renegade, kingcat, indy, venture, mountaincat, pro, bearcat....Identifiable names. Hope that makes it clearer for you. :rolleyes:

like xm or xp, or freeride?...how is that any better?

This numbering system seems confusing right now....but it will be fine....just need to get used to it

I also have a Pantera 5000 and a Cheetah 5000 from the 70's sitting in my barn

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No like summit, dragon renegade, kingcat, indy, venture, mountaincat, pro, bearcat....Identifiable names. Hope that makes it clearer for you. :rolleyes:

Well thank you sir for clearing that up....I didn't know what you meant by names.....lol

I'm not against naming sleds, but seriously, at least a numbering system is an easy way of putting machines in different classes....and easy for a person not familiar to differentiate the different classes.

Unless you know the line, the names don't mean a whole lot

I mean....MXZ, Freeride, Summit, Renegade, etc....if you don't know these sleds, the names really don't mean much

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm digging the new Cats. The graphics looks unreal, and is pretty sweet bringing back the ZR name. Loved them back when. Some interesting motor options to choose from for sure.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if the 1100t and 800 ho are suzuki i predict a 1100t yamaha made motor to replace the suzuki, the 1100 natural will not exist and the 800 will be a cat di 800 like the current 600.

cs5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if the 1100t and 800 ho are suzuki i predict a 1100t yamaha made motor to replace the suzuki, the 1100 natural will not exist and the 800 will be a cat di 800 like the current 600.

Is this a prediction for next year? Because the 1100 Natural already does not exist as far as I know. The NA is already the yamaha motor, the turbo is the 1100 same a last year. But I agree, next year will be the boosted Yamaha motor.

Top Bottom