Viking Elks Poker Rally Feb 26/ 2011

klswine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well everyone we have now figured out our rally for the year. We are changing things up a little this year. We are still going to be around 65 miles but for prizes this year over and above the regular door prizes we are doing cash prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd. 1st prizes is $300 second prize is $175 and 3rd place is $125. Instead of chilli this year we are doing an all you can eat chinesse smorg/buffet when you get finished as well as a lunch on the trail. Kids ride free and additional ghost hands will cost $10 per hand. The entry fee has gone up this year to $50 per sled. For any information please call Kyle @ (780)385-6339, Bucko @ (780)336-3331 or Don @ (780)385-1782. We are staging out of the Multiplex again this year. Hope to get most people who attended last year as well as lots of new people. If you rode last year please post comments and suggestions and share your experience with us as well as other S&M'ers. Thanks again for all of your support hope to see you all on February 26/2011:d

rosey

Reaction score
Hey kyle, everything sounds good to me. We've already been wondering and talking about this rally this year. The 18 of us that went last year really enjoyed it. We will be attending again this year just need a start time. Cheers

klswine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We will be registering between 10am and noon. Glad to hear you are coming out again. take care rosey:d:beer:

klswine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well the snow is nice around here we have a good foot for sure and with all the stubble still around its nice riding. Hope to get more comments and see more people out in february. Thanks

rosey

Reaction score
A good foot of snow now and what is suppose to come this week should make for an awesome ride can't wait. Cheers

klswine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well between friday and saturday another foot. It did alot of blowin around but in some ditches there is 4-5' of fresh going to be awesome.

klswine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
went for a ride on saturday , its the deepest its been around here for the last 10 years. The grandson couldn't even us his gt to much snow to get down the hill. Worked good for me did a little sidehillin and carving. Will post pics when i get them.:d:beer:

m/c 1000

Reaction score
went out today 2-3 ft of powder where the wind didnt blow 2 ft on the hills 3-4 ft on side hills. 137x1.75 track on my 1200 gade got to be careful or you are buried. definitely a long track year

klswine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya seen that you had some tracks out there. You have to change your name on here it just doesn't fit now that that you have a doo doo:d

klswine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am in... I need a break more play less work. I will be bringing up some sleds Hey you should bring some posters of your rally out to cold lake,when we have ours :)

Good to hear. I now the feeling all work and no play. Booked into a job on the 19th but might be able to change a date and try and make it out there. Sounds like alot of your work has been to get rally going, Good on ya. They take alot of work to put together. What was the sled for 1st prize?:beer:

tannatious_rae_rae

Reaction score
:nono:Awe I wish I could say lol, But I can't. Yeah work is fun when.. Never! Jks the reason why I am doing this is for the school on our community. All proceeds are going to help buy school supplies for the less fortunate children that attend the elementary school.also will help them out for their year end field trip.cool huh?

klswine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:nono:Awe I wish I could say lol, But I can't. Yeah work is fun when.. Never! Jks the reason why I am doing this is for the school on our community. All proceeds are going to help buy school supplies for the less fortunate children that attend the elementary school.also will help them out for their year end field trip.cool huh?

Thats a good cause. Last year at our rally we donated to the local school playground. It went over well, hope yours does to. Talked to a couple guys and they marked your rally on the calendar hopefully we can get some of us up there. Good luck.:beer:

klswine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hoping to maybe go out tomorrow to plan rally this year. Hopefully get into some good snow that hasn't been blown around to much. Will post some findings maybe have a picture or 2.

klswine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Going out to mark trail on wednesday for rally will post info of miles and conditions when we get back . Hope to see you all there.

rosey

Reaction score
Hey Kyle, hope the snow isn't super hard like it is around here. Looks like the weather is gonna hold for sat. so it should be a good day anyways.

klswine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Kyle, hope the snow isn't super hard like it is around here. Looks like the weather is gonna hold for sat. so it should be a good day anyways.

Hey rosey, Ya hard in spots so we are going to try and get into some of the treed areas where the sun and wind didn't get to it to bad. Probably go farther north this year than we did last, so will be a little course change which is good, See you on saturday.:d

Top Bottom