Used Gauges

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if it is possible to reprogram a used gauge cluster to work with my sled?

I mean can a dealer do it with BUDDS?

mxz800x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just replace the gauge cluster and go. I smashed mine on my 14 xm, purchased a new gauge cluster. No programming needed. Just replaced it and all is good. If it was your ecm, that's a different story. Unless you are replacing a x package gauge with a non x package gauge their may be some reprogramming.

iceman5689

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got a fully functional gauge cluster on the shelf from a 13 SP. Replaced by dealer as the heater element for left hand warmer quit sending voltage.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I tried switching gauges and no go.
Both X gauges , 2011 and 2012 .plugged the 2012 into the 2011 and nothing worked.
Think it needs to be programmed to the ecm by dealer.
My findings.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just replace the gauge cluster and go. I smashed mine on my 14 xm, purchased a new gauge cluster. No programming needed. Just replaced it and all is good. If it was your ecm, that's a different story. Unless you are replacing a x package gauge with a non x package gauge their may be some reprogramming.

Yeah new gauges are 500$. Im just getting rid of this sled, so I dont want to put lots of money in it, but I want to fix the gauges before I sell it.

Hoping to get used gauges for 100-200$ range. Getting the dealer to reprogram isn't a big deal, its going in anyways for a new chaincase.

PS, if anyone has some gauges they want to sell for reasonable price, let me know. (for a 15xm)

Cheers Dan

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got a fully functional gauge cluster on the shelf from a 13 SP. Replaced by dealer as the heater element for left hand warmer quit sending voltage.

If you want to part with that cluster let me know.

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
did you try and fix it. Sometimes it is just water or corrosion that has stop them from working. Easy enough to pop them apart and check it out.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
did you try and fix it. Sometimes it is just water or corrosion that has stop them from working. Easy enough to pop them apart and check it out.

No I haven't tried, I have nothing to lose though so I'll give it a try.

Top Bottom