Unit heater instalation

Switch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm installing a unit heater in my shop and would like to know what is the minimum distance that the flue gas vent can be to a window. I'm running it horizontal and getting conflicting information,live in the County of Strathcona.

Switch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback, but what I told was to install per manufacturers installation instructions. termination clearance requirement ( Canadian ) 9" for 10,000BTU to 50,000 BTU and 12" input exceeding 50,000 input.

hbar218

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If it is under your soffit you should extend it past eavstrough or you will get condensation and ice build up on soffit

Driftingbig

Reaction score
You are good at 12" minimum from an opening door or window. However I would recomend going with more distance if you can. And like hbar218 said extend past your eavstrough. Other factors to consider are what is at the immediate vicinity of you vent termination such as air supplies, gas regs, driveways, patio ect. The higher the better.

Alberta Beach Doo

Reaction score
The best way on these issues is to call your permit company and ask to talk with YOUR gas inspector. What ever he says , how ever ridiculous, is what you do. Trust me, I am a professional.

Top Bottom