Undecided (sorta)

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’m against censorship , unles it’s sexually perverse , blatantly discriminatory or unsuitable for kids , so the elimination of the loudmouth thread kinda bugs me. I assume it was done to protect one of our members from being affected in his political aspirations from his own words and comments and seeming personal attacks on a couple other members.
Kinda seems just like the media picking and choosing what facts to report on any politician or candidate , and we all speak against that .
Words spoken or written , are relevant information to be used by voters.

And no I‘m not a Calgary resident , but this is a general comment as to media showing bias by censorship .

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The problem with giving someone else power over you, is they will use it as they see fit. I think someone in Ottawa is doing that right now.

Reactions: RXN

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What did I miss?? Noticed Loudmouth thread was gone...
I agree with you Lenny.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree, but I believe the new site allows the post to be deleted by the member and not necessarily by forum staff and us regular users won't be able to differentiate between the two. Of course the whole thread being deleted only happens one way.

I guess I can see both sides of the argument, this site isn't free to operate and depends on ad revenue to "keep the lights on", and to keep advertisers happy there needs to be some kind of standard of content within the site. That being said some of the posts within that thread could very easily be taken in a harassing or threatening manner and needed to be removed to maintain those standards. I do agree though that the information contained within those posts is valid information for voters to have, regardless of harmful that information is to the candidates campaign.

As for the election, I believe the candidates will receive votes corresponding to the seriousness of their campaigns.

Top Bottom