triangle

GREASEMONKEY

Reaction score
well i have to say i was a little dissapointed doing the triangle ,we started in White Court and went towards SwanHills we got to checkpoint O and started to loose the trail signs and tree markings were gone ended running into a cat skinner WHO WAS ON THE TRAIL RIPPING IT A PART FOR DRILLING AND SISMEC ACTIVITY from that point on we were done no signs at all this is approx 20 - 30 ks from SWAN HILLS trail was NASTY so for a warning to any person that wants to try DO NOT to much damage will happen .we got to 20 ks from swan made it to 32 headed back to White Court in the ditch BUT IT WAS FUN TRYING .

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well i have to say i was a little dissapointed doing the triangle ,we started in White Court and went towards SwanHills we got to checkpoint O and started to loose the trail signs and tree markings were gone ended running into a cat skinner WHO WAS ON THE TRAIL RIPPING IT A PART FOR DRILLING AND SISMEC ACTIVITY from that point on we were done no signs at all this is approx 20 - 30 ks from SWAN HILLS trail was NASTY so for a warning to any person that wants to try DO NOT to much damage will happen .we got to 20 ks from swan made it to 32 headed back to White Court in the ditch BUT IT WAS FUN TRYING .

Industry 'partners' are supposed to notify affected clubs of activity on the trail system before starting work and work out something with signage or a detour. Unfortunately not all of the contractors are either aware of this or they just don't care. Always use caution when riding on unfamiliar trails.

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a long stretch of road to run, then the trail crosses the Judy Creek Pipe line, but yeah it is poorly signed, was it packed down fairly good to location O? that was our down fall, too much fresh snow, run low on gas way too quickly.

GREASEMONKEY

Reaction score
There is a long stretch of road to run, then the trail crosses the Judy Creek Pipe line, but yeah it is poorly signed, was it packed down fairly good to location O? that was our down fall, too much fresh snow, run low on gas way too quickly.

it was not bad riding just the construction made bad snow was good not packed to hard 6-8 inches of snow will try again one day .

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe that as soon as our local trails are groomed the Trailblazers will be grooming the triangle from the virginia hills road through our trails up to the letter O. The heavy snowfall has been a challenge for the groomer operators, had to pack without the drag then go over again grooming, very time and fuel consuming. old mountain man om this site can provide better information as he is one of our operators.

GREASEMONKEY

Reaction score
I believe that as soon as our local trails are groomed the Trailblazers will be grooming the triangle from the virginia hills road through our trails up to the letter O. The heavy snowfall has been a challenge for the groomer operators, had to pack without the drag then go over again grooming, very time and fuel consuming. old mountain man om this site can provide better information as he is one of our operators.

Who looks after the trail after letter 0 to Swan Hills or Trappers cabin . We rode from center of AB marker to Swan Hills to Foxcreek two years ago and it was great now more interested in doing the whole thing but with the construction near Swan Hillsit made it realy bad

letitsnow

Reaction score
That would be the Swan Hills club. A Golden Triangle committee has been put together this year and is still in the baby stages. They will be working on getting the whole Triangle in riding condition. All the trailblazers can do as a club is keep our section cleared and groomed. Fortunately we have a great bunch of volunteers that work hard at maintaining the trails.

Top Bottom