Tranny Q&A

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Hey
I bought a f150 2wd :eek:, and the trany is shot, and i found a tranny out of 4x4 excact same truck but with 4wd. How would i use that tranny, Some one sugeste just use the bell housing off mine and swap them. Would this work???:confused:

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
Hey
I bought a f150 2wd :eek:, and the trany is shot, and i found a tranny out of 4x4 excact same truck but with 4wd. How would i use that tranny, Some one sugeste just use the bell housing off mine and swap them. Would this work???:confused:

...Thought ya was a Chev boy or nothing ?

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i am assuming it is the 4r70 version trans and in answer to your question no it wil not work if you change the case the out put shaft is a different length .... what went on yours forward or overdrive clutch ....

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what ya can do is swap out all the internal parts and switch the driveshaft(output shaft)with the old one .... it is connected to the direct clutch (third gear)final drive via a snap ring ....

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
sweet thanks, I thought i was going to have to scrap the truck today, cause i was driving it and then it just stoped and the feaul pump wasnt working, so i thought i would just leave it cause a feul pump is to much $$ for how much the truck is worth, But i went back like an hour ago, and i found out it was just a loose wire and she fired right up :D
im so happy

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Polarice Is Right.... U Can Swap The Guts And Output Shaft Into The Old Housing..... They Are Different Trans Housings, Otherwise.... Put A Tranny Overhaul Kit In It(includes Bands, Clutches, Seals, Gaskets Etc) .... Fairly Intensive Work ---- Get To Know A Tranny Mechanic Real Good...... Lol ..... Keep Us Informed As To How You Make Out!

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
im gunna start working on it, when my dad gives me the okay, but i need to do motor work too and electricle

Top Bottom