Trail Lunches

TrailCrusader

Reaction score
"Just a little side note on my opinion of drinking and riding, for whatever reason should It come across someone hurt badly while sledding and they smell of alcohol, pray that someone else is there to help you because I will not, you deserve what you get.

That lawyer (Mackay) who left those 2 horses in 6 feet of snow to die said he force feed them gatorade during one of his alleged rescue attempts.

What if Mackay stumbles upon a wounded sledder and force feeds a Bud Light ........and then leaves.

And.......then you come along.

Rob

That is a good point. LMAO!!!!

A lawyer feeding gatorade to a horse.. LOLOLOL Too bad he didn't feed it some fancy energy drink. It might have had the strength to kick him in the face.

Here is a simple lawyer joke:

A gang of robbers broke into a lawyer's club by mistake. The old legal lions gave them a fight for their life and their money. The gang was very happy to escape.

"It ain't so bad," one crook noted. "We got $25 between us."

The boss screamed: "I warned you to stay clear of lawyers -- we had $100 when we broke in!"

Last edited:

xxx

Reaction score
"Just a little side note on my opinion of drinking and riding, for whatever reason should I come across someone hurt badly while sledding and they smell of alcohol, pray that someone else is there to help you because I will not, you deserve what you get.

That lawyer (Mackay) who left those 2 horses in 6 feet of snow to die said he force feed them gatorade during one of his alleged rescue attempts.

What if Mackay stumbles upon a wounded sledder and force feeds a Bud Light ........and then leaves.

And.......then you come along.

Rob

MY MY aren't you a little bitter for me It does not matter a person is a person and if they are in need they will always get my help, Just remember you may need there help someday.

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
www.mountainhavenbb.vpweb.com
Just bringing this information forward again.

There is a new place in town to pick up sledders lunches. The awesome thing is that you can preorder them the night before and pick them up as early as 7:30 AM. I was there the other day and she was making homemade cinnamon buns to go in some lunches. MMMMM!!!!!!!

McBride Trading Co., 246 Main Street (across from IGA)
opens at 7:30 a.m. for sledders
- Hearty Mountain Lunches made to order, Coffee, Baked Goods.

Call Local (250) 569-2559 or 1-888-669-2559

NOTE: Geri (owner) is also a Snowmobile Club Supporter - donated funds to the club to keep propane in the warmup cabins

RETODD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.valemountvacationrental.com
I like the smokies for the hill but there is no place for beer on the hill. That's the #1 reason we ride areas that others don't know of. Seen it all too many times, altitude + alcohol + atitude = stupidity. I know lots will say they only take 1 or 2 up for lunch, gotta call BS on that because once the 1st one is opened everytime they stop for a break afterwards there seems to be an endless supply. If you think your cool having a beer on the hill think again, guessing you probably think it is still cool to be a smoker too!

Just a little side note on my opinion of drinking and riding, for whatever reason should I come across someone hurt badly while sledding and they smell of alcohol, pray that someone else is there to help you because I will not, you deserve what you get.

Now you can slam me for this, I expect it.

Answer me this…you get ‘hurt badly’ sleddin, you are alone, I come across you, I’ve had X (you pick the number) beer…do you want my help?

A little harsh dude!!

CR500R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Answer me this…you get ‘hurt badly’ sleddin, you are alone, I come across you, I’ve had X (you pick the number) beer…do you want my help?

A little harsh dude!!

First of all, I don't sled alone,especially in the mountains, only an idiot would, secondly, no thanks, there will be plenty of sober friends/ family in my group that can handle things ,thanks for the offer though.

I see someone started a sledding and alcohol thread, let's leave this alone for the trail lunches as it was intended and we can take up the alcohol issue in a dedicated thread.

Top Bottom