Todays muck around

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive had a few near miss's over the years. Sliding down hills backwards ext.

And came to the conclusion that carbides are cheaper than trucks and if i have to ride a bit of gravel is what it is....
. It’s always drove me nuts. Most people drive their truck up the mountain until they get stuck and then turn around and park when you could parked lower down. Lol.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
They fit. Happy to see that.

View attachment 278078
The V bar ones for the rear

View attachment 278079

The plain chain for the fronts. Unfortunately my tires rub without chains on tight corners so I'll have to be mindfull should I ever choose to use the front ones.
Turn those bungies around so the point of the hook is pointed away from the tire.

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I have been using these totes for the past 10 years. Have not cracked in the cold, keeps everything together and dry. One for the chains (in separate sandbag bags), tarp, bungee cords and chain tightener tool. The other one for the emergency kit, tow rope, shackles and hitch platform with clevis.

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's all I'm using. Got a few of them under the deck of the truck.
One with spare sled parts
One with coolant, oil, miscellaneous fuilds
Now One with the chains.

A tarp or something to lay on is a great idea.
I'll have to see what I have and toss it in.

I have been using these totes for the past 10 years. Have not cracked in the cold, keeps everything together and dry. One for the chains (in separate sandbag bags), tarp, bungee cords and chain tightener tool. The other one for the emergency kit, tow rope, shackles and hitch platform with clevis.

Reactions: zal

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
bought one of those blanket couple weeks ago for 16.00 on sale for my Traeger smoker to use it in the winter works great and no plastic clips to melt like the expensive ones

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
https://www.princessauto.com/en/4-x-6-ft-welding-blanket/product/PA0008485245

This is what I use, as all the real truckers roll there eyes.. Im soft
In case you’re TOO soft, this blanket is fibreglass. If touching fibreglass makes you itchy, this may not be your best friend. We have a welder that absolutely cannot touch the welding blankets without gloves.
You might be wearing gloves, but if you’re laying down, is the back of your neck covered or any other parts of your skin?

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
1000002757.jpg
1000002756.jpg

Just picked this up off the Winch Doctor today. 125' of Rope on it.
Warn M12.
Just waiting for Adrenaline Bumpers to finish my new front bumper, then I can mount it all on my 2007 1 ton.

I'm looking forward to trying it out. Just on a not so steep stuck like we got into at hunters.

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
Thats a nice sled rig. I need some thing like that for next year, so i dont have to wreck my new chit.
Ya the only time it gets washed is when the alders knock the dirt off. 1983 f250 with a 6.9 diesel. Super simple truck. Don’t think I would want it as a highway truck though. It just lives at my cabin and only runs logging roads.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya the only time it gets washed is when the alders knock the dirt off. 1983 f250 with a 6.9 diesel. Super simple truck. Don’t think I would want it as a highway truck though. It just lives at my cabin and only runs logging roads.

Cabin in the hills is part of the setup i need also. Haha

Top Bottom